CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE:House of Nominations└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE:
House of Nominations
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

For the entire walk back to school, Patricia went on and on to Fabian about how they could trust the teachers because of what Joy said. "You need to relax, Fabian. You basically have to trust Victor. Remember what Joy said." She reminded, but they came to a stop in the middle of the hall in front of Mara, who caught the end of her sentence.

"Did you just say you spoke to Joy? Is she alright?" Mara questioned, shock evident on her features. Lyla's eyes widened, before they narrowed into a glare, "God, you're such a busybody. Mind your own business." She sneered at her.

Patricia rolled her eyes, waving her arm as if telling Mara to ignore her, "Joy is fine. She just said she doesn't want to come back to the school and... And she doesn't want to talk to any of us anymore." Patricia lied, horribly, Lyla thought, but Mara had bought it.

"When did she say all of this?" Amber obliviously asked, but was shut down as Nina kicked her, "Ow?"

"I'm sorry, was that your foot?" The American apologized, non sincerely. "Yes, more importantly, that was a very special shoe!" Amber complained, until Nina cleared her throat, discreetly gesturing towards Mara. Amber finally got the hint, nodding, "Oh... Uh, yeah. Yeah, Joy hates us all."

"Especially you. Bye, bye now." Lyla told the girl, before moving to walk past her with a shoulder check. The others trailed after her with a sigh. "You know you really don't have to be so mean." Amber softly scolded her, earning an eye roll, "Really, I would not think you'd be the one to defend her."

"I'm not defending, just saying." The blonde said, trying not to upset her friend. "Well, let's ask the jury." Lyla said, turning to look at the rest of the group, who shared uneasy looks, "Do we think I'm too mean to poor, innocent, little Mara?" She asked, an amused look on her face.

They were silent for a moment before Nina decided to speak, "You were a bit harsh... She only wanted to know about Joy." Patricia nodded, "What did she even do to you to make you hate her so much?" She wondered, making Lyla's smile drop.

"Like I need a reason to hate someone..." Lyla scoffed, "Do you all really think I'm that mean?" She asked, but when she didn't get a response she just nodded. "Right..." Lyla muttered, before backing away, walking down the hall.

"Lyles!" Amber called, but Lyla shook her head, "It's fine. I'll catch up with you guys later." She said, heading towards the bathroom.

She didn't exactly know why their words bothered her so much, she had known she was rude to Mara, and she had no problem with it until now. She opened the bathroom door, finding it empty, she sighed while leaning against the sink. She scoffed bitterly at herself, maybe she was becoming a terrible person. She didn't want to be, she wasn't always like this, but when horrible things happen to people, sometimes people become horrible.