CHAPTER FORTY NINE

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER FORTY NINE:House of Plays└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER FORTY NINE:
House of Plays
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Joy!"
Patricia repeated, looking around the audience like this was part of the play, "Joy... Joy and sorrow, the joy of Egypt. It's monarch Tutankhamun is dead."

"What is she doing?" Lyla whispered towards Fabian, Nina, and Amber, as they watched from backstage.

"And, uh- And sorrow sweeps the land. Let no man enter and desecrate his sacred pyramid!" Patricia finished, and began walking off stage, as the crowd applauded.

"Let's try to stay on book next time, Patricia. Okay?" Mr. Winkler advised, and then gave Nina her cue to go out.

Walking on stage, Nina began to speak her lines, "My name is Sally. I am seven years old. The time has come, my story shall be told. I feel only sorrow; like a bird without wings... My parents are leaving, for the Valley of the Kings."

"Go, Nina." Amber said, "She should totally get an agent."

"Yeah, but she needs to work on that accent." Lyla chimed in, making Amber stifle a giggle. "Yeah, yeah, totally." Trixie agreed, though the girl wasn't listening at all, too preoccupied with the audience.

As Nina went on with her lines, Mick and Mara went on stage as well; Amber and Lyla snuck over to peek through the curtains, trying to keep watch of everyone they needed to, but as the blonde was wearing a huge cactus costume, she struggled to get a good view without being seen.

"We need to be watching for Victor's reaction." Fabian whispered, as him and Patricia quickly came over as well; Amber moving out of the way said, "Good luck."

"Oh, Mommy, no!"

"Our work is very important. We must go... Goodbye, Sally."

"Shit, Fabian... You're up!" Lyla warned the boy as he quickly scrambled away, "No." He cursed, leaving Patricia and Lyla to watch Victor as Amber; the cactus, stayed pressed against the wall, waiting.

"This house belongs to us now, my pretty!" Fabian spoke with an evil laugh; imitating Victor, making Lyla smirk. The audience laughed as he fed the snake; who was actually Alfie, and he let out a loud burp.

"It is ten o'clock... You know what that means." Fabian spoke, as Patricia and Lyla peeked out, staring Victor down to see his reaction to; well, himself. "You have five minutes to get into bed, do you hear?"