CHAPTER FORTY

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER FORTY:House of Blackmail└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER FORTY:
House of Blackmail
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Alright, I'm here. What's this meeting for?" Lyla asked as she walked into a vacant classroom, the group was standing around Fabian as he typed away on his laptop. "We're trying to find somewhere to get the elixir analyzed at." Nina responded, as Lyla took a seat atop the desk in front of them.

"Okay, here's a list of all the British universities with major chemistry research departments. Take your pick." Fabian told them, but before anyone could look through them, Patricia spoke up, "Just-Just stop for a second. What are we gonna say exactly?" She asked, "Hi, we're a bunch of school students, we think we've got the elixir to eternal life. Will you test it for us?"

"Uh... They're gonna think we're insane." She finished, and Lyla couldn't help but agree with her. "This is freaking me out! We have the thing but we don't know what to do with it." Fabian grunted, obviously frustrated.

"Drink it?" Amber suggested, making everyone look at her like she was crazy, "...Just an idea."

"Okay, look. Lyla and I are going to see Sarah this evening. Maybe she'll be able to give us a lead." Nina told the group, as Fabian looked over at the girl and asked, "You're going as well?" To which Lyla nodded, "Yeah, I've got some stuff of my own I need to ask her."

"Oh, ask her about Rufus." Patricia said, "They obviously know each other, he was visiting her that time." Amber nodded, "Yeah, maybe she knows why Victor's taken him."

"Rufus..." Lyla mumbled to herself, before a thought popped into her head and she reached in her bag, pulling out the diary and flipping to a random page. "Trix, what's his full name?" She asked out of nowhere, confusing the others.

"Um... Rufus Zeno. Why?" She responded, watching as Lyla's eyes widened as she read the last line on the page, "It's him, R.Z." She said as she looked up she realised everyone was still confused, "The girl who wrote this diary, she knew him." She briefly explained, "What's it say?" Nina asked her.

Clearing her throat, Lyla began to read the line, "R.Z. says it's just a coincidence. That we're just making up lies. But S.F.S and I know the truth. He killed them." As she finished the group shared a look filled with confusion and horror.

"This is getting weird." Lyla spoke as she closed the diary.

₊˚ʚ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.

Later in the day, Lyla was walking to her locker to grab her things before heading out to visit Sarah, with Nina, when she passed by the drama room doors, pausing as she heard a bunch of laughter. She was about to just keep walking, but she noticed a poster on the wall which read: "For the 7th and 8th grades... Talent Auditions. Today. Drama Studio. Special guest... Simon Cowell!!! Only 2 pounds."