CHAPTER NINETEEN

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER NINETEEN:House of Escapades└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER NINETEEN:
House of Escapades
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

After Lyla's French exam the girl caught up with Fabian and Nina in the hallway; the two got back from visiting Fabian's uncle just in time, Lyla had opted out of going, seen as she wasn't really in the mood to go anywhere besides her bedroom and classes.

"Hey!" Lyla called as she approached them, making the two turn towards her, "So... Any new information?"

"Yes, actually, the weird tube things we found are actually phonographic cylinders." Fabian told her, smiling.

"Yep, and when we were up in the attic we saw what I believe could only be a phonograph." Nina revealed.

"Nice!" Lyla said, high-fiving the both of them, "Does this mean we have to go to the attic?"

"Well yes, we just have to do it without the key, but not to worry, I think I can pick the lock again." Nina said, holding up a hairpin.

"Great, well I'm coming with you this time." Lyla insisted, "You better." Nina shot back, making the three of them laugh.

"I'm gonna head to the toilet, but I'll see you back at the house." Lyla said before walking away to the bathroom. Before she walked in she almost walked straight into an infuriated Mara, as she stomped her way out of the room, Lyla gave the girl a strange look before proceeding.

Upon entering she was greeted by Jerome Clarke, who hadn't noticed she had come in, since he was leaning against one of the stalls and smirking up at the ceiling. Lyla stared at him before turning back and looking at the door to check that this was in fact the girls room.

"This is the girl's room, you wanker." Lyla spoke, startling the boy, her voice making him perk up in an instant.

Standing straight up, he turned towards her, "Um... Yeah-Yes, I know that." Jerome stuttered.

Narrowing her eyes at him, Lyla said, "So, are you gonna leave?"

"Yes-No-Yeah, leaving now." He said, avoiding her gaze and heading past her towards the door, but before he left he stopped, looking back at her, then sighed.

"Before I go... I just want to say, I'm sorry." He said, making her turn around.

"For what?" She retorted, "Telling me, nobody in their right mind would ever like me as more than a friend."

He went to speak but then faltered, "...Um, well that's not exactly what I said, that was more Alfie."

She scoffed, "Why are you sorry?" She asked, and when she didn't get a response she kept going, "I mean it's true, right?"