CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER THIRTY THREE:House of Kidnappings└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE:
House of Kidnappings
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lyla was sitting beside Amber at the dining table as Patricia and Nina explained to the group what they saw, she was shocked, "Are you sure it was him?"

"Yes, we watched Victor put Rufus in the car. He's the same guy we saw with Sarah." Nina nodded, making Lyla run a hand through her hair, unsure of what to think of all this information being thrown at her, it was beginning to stress her out.

"So, you saw Rufus, visiting this old lady, Sarah?" Patricia questioned, to which Nina nodded, "Yeah, she's the one who gave me the locket." She said, which reminded Lyla that she still had the girl's locket around her neck.

"The locket that Rufus is so interested in." Fabian clarified.

"Maybe, Rufus was a jewelry trader, and Victor also collects diamonds..." Amber tried, making Lyla sigh and say, "That wouldn't make this situation any better than it is."

"What if the second voice on those recordings, is really Victor?" Fabian inquired, lowering his voice, but Nina shook her head, "That would make Victor about a hundred and twenty..."

"Look... Remember, Sarah, on the recording she talked about experiments down in the cellar... And what was Victor making a toast to when he drank that funny colored stuff down there?" Fabian asked.

"To life..." Both Nina and Lyla said together in realization, they looked at each other, "Okay, so... You're saying that Victor has some kind of an... Elixir that keeps him from growing old?" Nina interrogated.

Amber rose her brows, "Oh, yeah, and a jewelry heist is such a crazy idea." She complained, as Patricia scoffed, "This is mad. What's any of this got to do with Joy or Rufus?"

"I don't know."

"And the cat?" Amber asked, she had told them earlier that it got away, which made Lyla sad, she loved cats.

"I hate to break up this cozy little chat..." Victor started as he entered the room, making Lyla's eyes widen trying to avoid his gaze, "But ten o'clock is fast approaching. I shall of course wish to hear a pin drop, so I suggest you start getting ready for bed, immediately."

The group quickly stood up and left the room to head to their own perspective rooms, "He does speak like he's from the 1800's, doesn't he?" Lyla whispered to Nina as they climbed up the stairs, making her giggle.