CHAPTER TWENTY

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER TWENTY:House of Avoidance└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER TWENTY:
House of Avoidance
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The next day, Lyla spent as much time as she could avoiding Jerome Clarke, which was going fine until she got to school, seen as they had almost all of their classes together. Being at the house was easy since she could just hole up in her room and neglect going down for breakfast and supper. So far, she had successfully avoided talking to him, by sitting far away from him and turning the corner if she saw him in the hallway, but she knew her luck would run out soon.

As she walked to her next class she happened to catch the end of a very awkward conversation between Nina and Fabian. "...So, I let her go with her theory, I mean, you and me? Ridiculous, right?" Nina giggled nervously.

"Ye-yeah, no, totally." Fabian agreed, which made Lyla raise her brows from across the hall. The two just stood there in an uncomfortable silence, before Fabian shook his head and walked away.

Lyla watched as Nina silently scolded herself, before the former sighed and walked over to her roommate. "That was tragic to watch." She spoke, shocking Nina.

"You heard that?" She asked, even though she knew the answer.

"Yep, not all of it, but enough to know that you are an idiot." Lyla laughed.

"I know!" Nina yelled, slamming her locker door shut.

"You know Amber would kick your ass if she heard that conversation. I mean, if you like him and want any chance with him, turning him down is not the way to do it." Lyla told the American girl.

"I know, but- wait, how did you know I like him?" Nina suddenly asked.

"Oh please, it is painfully obvious, not to him though, don't worry. I think you just crushed all his hopes and dreams." She joked, which earned her a slap in the arm from Nina. "I did not!"

"It's fine, you'll get the guy someday, till then, you are stuck with me." Lyla said before hooking their arms together, "Come on, let's get to class."

The two were walking arm in arm to the theater room, and took a seat on the chairs, waiting for the teacher to arrive. Lyla saw Jerome, Alfie and Patricia talking over by the window and suddenly became very nervous.

That's when Mr. Winkler came in, holding a folder, "Everyone get into pairs, for this activity." Mara asked Nina to be a pair, leaving Lyla alone, the girl groaned but stood up looking around the room for someone to partner with.

"Patricia, Alfie and Jerome!" He called, gaining their attention, "Pairs, please." Alfie and Patricia then paired up, leaving Jerome alone, but his gaze fell upon Lyla who was also standing by herself.