CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER FORTY FOUR:House of Visits└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER FORTY FOUR:
House of Visits
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

When Lyla went down for breakfast the next morning, she didn't expect Victor to tell them that Alfie drank cleaning fluid. Obviously, she knew what he actually drank, so she found it suspicious that the man was telling them a blatant lie. "Cleaning fluid?" Amber questioned as she went to take a seat at the table, "Alfie drank cleaning fluid?"

"That is what the hospital said." Victor clarified, as Lyla rolled her eyes, while twirling the ring that was hung around her neck. "Yeah, right..." Patricia mumbled.

"Perhaps, you would care to enlighten us on exactly what you think was in that bottle, Miss Williamson?" Victor challenged, "Pass." She denied. The two glared at each other, before the man left the room.

"Trudykins!" Jerome greeted, making Lyla side-eye him, "How are you today?" The woman let out an unamused laugh, "Old enough, and wise enough to know when you want something, Jerome... Out with it." She demanded.

Lyla; knowing exactly what the boy wanted, spoke up first, "He wants to visit Alfie." She revealed, "Though, I think I should be the one to go, seen as I've known him longer."

The boy gave her a glare, "Alfie and I are best mates. He's probably bored to death in a hospital bed, having no one to talk to, except old men with hacking coughs and bad breath. I can give him the proper entertainment, unlike you." He explained

Rolling her eyes, Lyla said, "Oh, please. What are you gonna do? Prank him?" She scoffed, "That's not very helpful, if you ask me."

"Good thing I didn't." Jerome shot back, earning a glare. "I want the day off to visit him." He said to Trudy, to which the woman responded with, "Fine."

"Come on, Trudy! It's not like I've been bad-" Jerome started, but cut himself off once her words registered, "Fine?" he asked.

"You can both go." She said, referring to both Lyla and Jerome, "But not the whole day, though... You can have a few hours this afternoon." Trudy allowed, while the two shared a look in disbelief.

"Um... Trudy? Um, could I do that as well, please? I feel a bit bad that he's not got something nice to look at while he's in there." Amber asked, causing Jerome to snort and Lyla to glare at her.

"Oh, okay. I'll see what I can clear with Mr. Sweet." The woman said. "Um, Trudy-" Patricia tried but she was cut off, "No! I can only get permission for three of you to go." Trudy explained, "You'll have to fight it out amongst yourselves."