CHAPTER FORTY THREE

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER FORTY THREE:House of Quitters└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER FORTY THREE:
House of Quitters
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Alfie ended up fully collapsing, though his heart was still beating; thankfully. Trudy had called an ambulance and they quickly came, hooking the boy up to an oxygen tank and wheeling him out of the house. Lyla stood beside Fabian and Jerome in the hall with the whole house, watching as they took him, the girl was in complete distress, feeling like there was a weight pushing down on her chest.

"I'm going to go in the ambulance with him." Trudy informed Victor, quickly walking towards the door. The man nodded, "I'll call his parents."

"Is he going to be okay?" Amber spoke up, making Trudy look at her, "They think so, sweetie." The woman nodded, "But, they did ask if he'd taken anything."

The Sibuna's stiffened at the question, as Lyla glanced to her left at the bottle dangling from Nina's hand, waiting for the girl to hand it over. "Like what?" Victor asked, looking over at everyone.

"I don't know, they just said something." Trudy told him.

"He..." Nina started, but hesitated once she caught Lyla's intimidating stare, the girl then stalked up to her and snatched the bottle from Nina's hold and held it up to Trudy, "He took a sip of this, just before he collapsed." Lyla informed, her voice shaky.

Trudy took the bottle sniffing at the open cap, and instantly cringed, "Oh... That doesn't smell too good. I'll take that with me." The woman declared, Lyla went back and stood a few steps in front of Jerome, ignoring the obvious glare Patricia was giving her.

As Trudy picked up her bag and went to leave, Victor gave a menacing glare to each of them, making it known he had more thoughts on the matter. The man went and locked the door, before turning back to them, "No one, is to leave this house, until I find out, exactly what happened." The man said, looking them over, "You first. Come." He pointed towards Fabian, making the boy follow him up the stairs to his office.

Lyla let out a shaky breath, as a hand came in contact with her shoulder, instantly making her turn around and envelope them in a hug. The person stumbled back a bit, shocked at the sudden movement but hesitantly wrapped their arms around Lyla's back, allowing them both to feel a bit of comfort in the moment.

₊˚ʚ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.

After all their interrogations; where Lyla refused to speak, the Sibuna's met up in Lyla, Nina, and Amber's room. As soon as the door closed behind them, Patricia spoke up looking Lyla dead in the eyes, "Why did you give them the elixir? Now we've lost our proof!"