CHAPTER FOURTEEN

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER FOURTEEN:House of Fakers└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
House of Fakers
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lyla was sitting on the grass with her back against the bench that Mara and Amber were sat on, they were now in PE and their gym teacher was pulling in people to play a game of football, though the girl had no interest in the game as she just sat reading her book. Alfie was the only Anubis House member playing at the moment, though there wasn't much to choose from as Fabian, Nina, and Patricia weren't there.

Amber and Mara were chatting about something random when Alfie came running up to them with the ball, making Lyla glance up from her reading. "Hey, Amber!" The two girls looked at him, "Catch!" He yelled and then threw the ball straight at the blonde's head, hitting her.

"Ow! Alfie!" Amber yelled, making the boy apologize a million times, he then grabbed the ball and went back to the game. Lyla rolled her eyes and was about to keep reading when she caught sight of Jerome from across the field. He was talking with Mick, but it looked as though he wasn't paying much attention as his eyes were trained on Lyla.

The girl expected him to look away once she made eye contact with him, though that wasn't the case, he just kept staring at her, as if he was in deep thought. "Why don't you go across and speak to Mick?" Mara asked Amber.

"He left me a note, asking to meet, and then he didn't turn up. Why would he do something like that?" Amber told her, and since Lyla was listening she was about to tell Amber what really happened, but she got distracted as she watched Jerome's eyes widened, as if realizing something then he abruptly tore his eyes away from her. She furrowed her brows in confusion, 'what the bloody hell was that about?' She thought.

"I don't know, who can get inside the brain of a boy?" Mara asked, in a half-joking manner.

"Nobody, it's not big enough." Amber said, and then the two girls broke into a fit of laughter, even Lyla cracked a smile thinking that was so incredibly true.

"Gary! Put me on, yeah?" Mick shouted from across the field, to which the coach complied, blowing his whistle, and Mick entered the game kicking the ball around. Suddenly, Mick went up to Alfie and said something to the boy, which the girls couldn't hear, and then harshly pushed him to the ground, making Alfie yelp.

"What was that for?" Amber exclaimed, getting up and heading over to the boy on the ground, Lyla followed, placing her book on the bench.

"Mick, what was that, mate?" Jerome asked, jogging over to them as well, making Lyla glance at him warily.

As Amber approached the boy who was holding his ankle in slight pain, he made a loud, overexaggerated groaning noise, and squirmed around in pain. The noise alone made Lyla have to cover up her laugh, knowing he was only faking for the blonde girl's attention. Jerome, Amber and Lyla all bent down next the the screaming boy, as Mick just stood there and laughed at him. "I think I broke my ankle." Alfie suggested, fake crying.