CHAPTER FORTY SIX

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER FORTY SIX:House of Homecoming└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER FORTY SIX:
House of Homecoming
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The next morning, Trudy had informed everyone that Alfie was on his way home, so in wanting to give their friend a proper welcome back, Jerome and Lyla set up a surprise for the boy. The whole house hid as Trudy went to answer the door and get Alfie, while they all waited for the perfect moment to jump out.

"Has everyone gone to school already? It's not even quarter to nine yet." Lyla heard Alfie ask Trudy from her spot next to Jerome, making them share a smile.

"I know, terrible isn't it." Trudy responded, being in on the surprise, she smirked before bringing the disappointed boy into the sitting room. Just as Alfie stepped foot into the room, everyone jumped up yelling, "Surprise!" and popping tiny confetti poppers.

Everyone started clapping for the now ecstatic boy, going up to him they all broke out into a song, "For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow... and so say all of us!"

"Welcome home, mate." Jerome greeted him, while resting his elbow on Lyla's shoulder, the girl would have pushed him off, but since Alfie was watching and they were supposed to be becoming friends, she let it slide. "Is it okay to go now?" Mick suddenly asked Trudy, "Go on."

"Welcome back, mate. You look strong." Mick complimented as he patted Alfie on the back, before promptly leaving to get to school.

"We're so glad you're home!" Amber said, causing Alfie to smile widely at the girl. "Are you coming to school today, because our costumes for the play have arrived, and our camel suit is awesome!" Jerome informed the boy.

"Alfie's not going in to school this morning." Trudy told him, making Alfie suddenly frown, "Aww, Trudes, I want to go to school!" He said, shocking everyone.

"Well, I never thought I'd hear that coming from your lips, Alfie Lewis... Are you sure you're up for it?" Trudy asked, to which he nodded with a bright smile, "Okay, if that's what you want."

"Come on, I've got to show it to you." Jerome said as he dragged both Alfie and Lyla with him.

₊˚ʚ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.

Lyla, Jerome, and Alfie, walked into school, the former two filling the boy in on what had happened while he was gone, but it was soon cut short as Amber stalked up to them and said, "Alfie, come on, I have to speak to you!" She said as she grabbed his arm pulling him away.

The two stopped in the middle of the hallway, before sharing a look, "Did Amber just steal Alfie from us?" Lyla questioned, to which Jerome nodded, "Yes, I believe she did."