CHAPTER FIFTY

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER FIFTY:House of Advice└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER FIFTY:
House of Advice
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lyla was getting increasingly frustrated after running around, searching for Patricia for five minutes, so she returned to the theater room, only to find Jerome hitting on some girl who clearly had no interest in him. In spite of that fact, Lyla couldn't help but be conscious of the pang of sadness in her gut that wouldn't go away as she watched them converse.

"But, hey, listen. I am more than ready to let others take my place in the spotlight. For me, it is enough to sit back, knowing I am personally responsible for giving the people a wonderful evening." She heard Jerome say, perplexing both Lyla and the girl he was talking to.

"As the camel?" The girl inquired, her eyes narrowing in confusion.

"As the writer." He corrected smugly, bringing both Lyla and the girl's eyebrows up in surprise.

"Really? Oh, so, um... How come on the poster it says, two people named, 'Nina Martin and Lyla Harris' wrote it?" The girl asked him, her tone suggesting that she was challenging him.

"Nina Martin is my pen name. I'm a very modest kind-" The boy was cut off as Trudy called across the room, "Oh, Nina, Fabian!" This caught the girl's attention as her gaze was drawn to the real Nina Martin, across the room.

Jerome faltered then, as the girl smirked at him, "Very modest." She mocked, before walking away. "Actually, I'm Lyla!" He attempted to call out to her, yet she only ignored him.

"Darn..." He cursed to himself, as Lyla now took it upon herself to go make fun of him. "Hi, Jerome- Or should I call you Nina?" She questioned, making his eyes widen for a split second.

"You heard that?" He asked, as he cringed, "I think everyone heard it, mate." Alfie chimed in, as he walked up to them. "Impressive. Very pretty. You can tell how much she liked you, by how fast she backed away." He teased.

"Oh, no. I am well in there." Jerome said, as if he actually believed this statement to be true. Lyla scoffed in his face, but it went unnoticed as Jerome was staring at Alfie's attire, "Why are you in school uniform?" He asked.

Alfie looked down at himself before answering, "My parents are around. I need to look smart." Jerome rose a brow as he looked at him and around the room, "Alfie, you look like a complete nerd. You're the only person here in a school uniform."

"My folks respect me for that." He shot back, as he adjusted his collar.

"You're weird." Jerome shook his head and began walking away, but only to be followed by Lyla. "What? And you aren't weird?" She taunted. He looked back at her inquiringly, "What are you talking about?" He asked.