CHAPTER EIGHT

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER EIGHT:House of Notes└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER EIGHT:
House of Notes
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The next day, Lyla had skipped breakfast and slept in, but as always she made it to school just in time. Though, now it was a bit later in the day and they had history, the most boring class of the day; Lyla secretly liked the class, but wouldn't dare let anyone know that.

The girl sat at a desk in the middle of the classroom, since her usual spot in the back of the class, had been taken, the bell rang and everyone got in their seats, her fellow classmates were still chatting amongst themselves, but she drowned them out, putting her head on the desk and closing her eyes.

She was rudely disturbed of her peace when she heard Jerome's obnoxious voice as he took a seat right besides her, "It just means Patricia, that she's gotten fed up of you bombarding her with messages, and texts. Now she's changed her phone contact." The boy spoke to Patricia, giggling like a maniac as Alfie took a seat behind him. "Not funny, Jerome."

Lyla stared at him, completely boggled as to why the annoying boy she hated chose to sit, of all places, next to her. "What do you think you're doing?" She asked, with a glare.

"Sitting, is that a problem?" He smirked at the girl, who just continued her glare. She went to say something, but a loud and unfamiliar voice stopped her. "All the world's a stage!" The whole class turned around, finding a young man sitting in a seat, "The men and women, are merely players."

The man stood from his seat, placing his book down onto the desk, "Hey. My name is Jason Winkler, and I'm your new history teacher, I'll also be teaching drama." The man, or teacher rather, introduced himself, the whole class looked shocked.

"You're Mr. Flemings' replacement?" Mara asked, to which he said, "Yeah, that's right." All the girls in the class looked starstruck, apart from Lyla who just kept glaring at everyone.

"Wow! I am so pleased he had a heart attack!" Amber announced loudly to the class, everyone laughed, Lyla bit back a comment, about how he wasn't even that good looking. "Sorry, that didn't come out right."

Later into class, Lyla was listening to Mr. Winkler's lesson and taking notes, when a small piece of paper slid into her eyesight. She looked to her left, finding Jerome seemingly paying attention to the lesson but the smirk on his face said otherwise. So, hesitantly Lyla picked up the note and read it.

"Are you alright?" He wrote. Lyla noticed that his handwriting was pretty neat, even for him. She glanced at him questioningly, Jerome had never once asked her how she was, why start now? The girl flipped the paper over to the back and wrote, "Why would I not be?" Then she passed it back over to him.