CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER TWENTY ONE:House of Recordings└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE:
House of Recordings
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

When Lyla got back to the room Nina told her that they were going back up to the attic that night, so after lights out, around an hour later the two got out of bed and met Fabian in the hallway. The three quickly went and unlocked the door and went up to the attic, swiftly getting the photograph and cylinders ready.

They were all set up when Lyla heard a creek by the door making her head turn to look, the door opened and in walked Amber, making Lyla sigh. Amber finally looked over to the three who were surrounding the phonograph, then smiled and took a deep breath before saying, "Thank goodness, you're all here." She began walking over, "I thought I was going to get eaten by a ghost."

The three stared at the blonde like she was crazy, as she was holding her red heels; which Lyla knew were her luck pair, and a necklace of garlic. Nina shushed the girl, "Amber... What are you doing here?" She asked, "And what's with the heels?"

"I didn't want to miss out on anything... And these are my lucky heels." Amber whispered. "Then why aren't you wearing them?" Fabian asked.

"I can't actually run away in them." Amber stated, as if it was obvious.

"Ambs... What's with the garlic?" Lyla finally asked her blonde friend.

"The bible says 'Always be prepared'." Amber recalled, though incorrectly, "Amber that's the boy scouts." Fabian corrected.

"Oh..." She said, "Guys, let's just focus." Nina told them, Lyla let out a sigh then quietly patted the ground next to her, "Come sit down, Ambs."

Amber quickly took a seat next to Lyla but still held onto her heels and the garlic, "What if it makes that horrible noise again?" Nina asked Fabian, as he started setting up the phonograph.

"Don't worry," he said before pulling out an oil can, "This should do the trick, but it it doesn't... Get ready to pull the horn off." With that Fabian started to squeeze out some of the oil, hopefully greasing it up enough for it to work.

Fabian turned the lever and it started playing, this time it wasn't the awful screech from before, instead it was the voice of a little girl, "Mother and Father have given the house a name, 'Anubis'." The recording said.

"It's a girl." Nina pointed out.

"They're going away again soon, to Egypt, I think. Father says he has to for his work. When they go, I'll be on my own again, with him." The little girl said.