Bonus Chapter 8.3: Stiff Sentiments

Hi guys! Here it is, the next bonus chapter. Remember, I am uploading weekly now so please like and comment so I know whether you enjoy it or not.

Also, my other book has also been uploaded (it is also weekly) and is a fantasy romance. Check it out!

Let me know what bonus chapters you'd like to see in the comments.

So without further ado, the chapter-

How the boys got worried when Lexi had gotten sick.

S. A. A

___________________________________

Part Two- Justin

"If you cover me with another blanket, I think you'll have to call a search and rescue party to find me." I joked, watching as he threw the quilt over me and he pursed his lips at this, turning to me with concerned eyes.

"I'm just worried, Lexi." Was all he said and I knew that it wasn't the time to joke, not for Aaron, anyway. Despite it being just a minor illness, for him it was anything but. He lost his own mother to an illness and- at one time- he had almost lost me too for the same reason. Regardless of illnesses, his father had left him too as did Avalon. All these experienced had shaped his mind, giving rise to a growing fear that it was only normal for people to leave. For him, it was almost habitual for everyone to exit his life; he had disclosed this very information to me, early on in our relationship. He felt as though he was ill-fated, destined to eventually live alone.

It was due to knowing all this about him that all the humour in me died and I reached out to take hold of his hand that was sorting out the quilt. His gaze snapped to me at this.

"Don't be worried. I'll get some rest and take care of myself." I voiced softly, stroking his palm with my index finger. He scanned my eyes at this, almost checking if I was telling the truth; as though he wanted to believe me. It was silent for a moment before he spoke again.

"You promise?" He asked in a quiet tone that made my heart break. I tightened my hold on his hand.

"I promise." I whispered back and then his lips quirked into his all too familiar smile. It was a smile that sent a bout of relief through me and I watched as he stood up, placing a hand against my cheek as he did.

"Get some rest, princess and call me if you need anything." He said and I nodded, smiling reassuringly at him.

"I will. Please, check in on Danny and make sure he's okay." I asked tepidly, still worried for the loveable male I had left downstairs when Aaron practically hauled me up the stairs. I still remember the uncertain expression in his otherwise

Were his last words and then he was walking away, the warmth of his fingers like a shadow against my cheek.

It was only when he left that the smile left my face and I relaxed my pounding head down to the pillow with a grimace. I had wanted to worry Aaron too much, but the truth was that I felt as though my head was going to tear from the intrusion of its own aches. Not only that, but the nauseous feeling that was consuming my stomach only worsened how I felt. But I wouldn't show it. I knew how paranoid Aaron was and, with his past experiences, he would immediately jump to conclusions.

So, I let go of the facade then, resting my head back against pillow with a weary sigh. Downstairs, I could hear the sound of the front door opening and the flurry of noises, making a smile take over my mouth. The sound of my friends would always make me light up no matter the circumstances. I knew that even if I wasn't there to have fun with them, I'd be able to vicariously live through their enjoyment.