Sadness and Secrets

"You still love me and you know it!" She screeched.

Aaron dragged a hand through his hair in frustration.
"I don't love you, Avalon. How can I when I love Lexi?" He shouted.

Everything stopped for me there.

Aaron froze in his tracks, having realised what he said.

But, I couldn't concentrate on anything over the beating of my heart.

****************

Danny's and Justin's heads snapped to attention at this confession and they both turned to each other before looking at Avalon, a slight smile playing at their lips.

I turned my head towards Aaron to see him staring at the ground, his face sporting an emotion that seemed both foreign and unfamiliar on the face of Aaron Walker- shyness.

This was the first time, since I met him, that Aaron wasn't being his usual cocky and confident self. It was a strange concept, yet also quite endearing. I felt a sudden urge to know more of the shy side of the male that stood before me. What then came to realisation was that, upon his confession, Aaron hadn't looked me in the eyes. I waited for a while, glancing up at him, but his eyes remained fixated on the floor.

I heard a small whimper emanating from Avalon and turned my gaze to her to see that she seemed more shocked than me. Her manicured hand was covering her mouth and a single tear streaked down her cheek. She backed away slightly from Aaron before opening her mouth to speak.
"What did you say, Aaron? And, remember, choose your words carefully." She threatened, her voice low. A small whimper escaped her mouth at the end of her sentence as she wiped her tears away with the back of her hand.

I almost felt sorry for her.

The keyword being almost. What she had done, not long ago, had forever cemented an eternal hated, in me, for Avalon. I no longer saw her as the hapless girl who had lost the love of her life due to one helpless accident. I did not view it that way anymore. What shaped her for me was her actions of today. She had purposely torn apart Aaron's blanket which Sam had created for him, with love. She had torn up a token of Sam's love with revenge and malice in her heart.

I could not unsee that and now, when I looked at her, I felt nothing but contempt and disgust. She deserved everything that was coming to her now.

Avalon moved closer to Aaron, a heartbroken look on her face. She wiped the tears off her face again before crossing her arms across her chest.
"Answer me, Aaron. You owe me that much at least." She sobbed, a mixture of sadness and anger on her face.

Danny scoffed from his place at the doorway, an angry smile on his face.
"Owe you? You owe him a blanket, bitch." Danny's voice boomed, yet again, across the room and I flinched at the curse that came out of his mouth. I had never heard Danny curse until today and it seemed so unlike him. The looks he was giving towards Avalon could set ice on fire, but Avalon paid no heed to this and a scowl settled on her face.

She let out a cruel laugh, just like she had done once with me, before continuing.
"I'd rather you not talk. I mean, I lose enough brain cells by just looking at you. Who knows how many die when you open that mouth of yours?" She retorted, a sickly sweet smile on her face. She raised an eyebrow at him mockingly.

At this, I felt the anger that emanated from every single person in the room, including myself. I opened my mouth to retort, but jumped back in surprise when Danny leapt towards her, a string of curses leaving his lips yet, before he could make contact with the witch, Justin had taken ahold of him, his infamous glare fixated on Avalon.