Bonus Chapter 10.2: Drunken Slips

Hi guys! Here it is, the next bonus chapter. Remember, I am uploading weekly now so please like and comment so I know whether you enjoy it or not.

Also, my other book has also been uploaded (it is also weekly) and is a fantasy romance. Check it out!

Let me know what bonus chapters you'd like to see in the comments.

So without further ado, the chapter-

Aaron returned to my lips, placing one hand on my cheek whilst his other hand slid down the length of my body and squeezed my waist. In response, I tugged his hair hard.

"Avalon." Aaron moaned into my neck and that's the moment when I pulled away.

Aaron's POV on the night he said Avalon's name: Part 2.

                _________________________

His hand lifted instinctively, stroking against her cheek before moving down to her jaw and then collar bone. He couldn't help it as he looked down, mesmerised by her entire being. Her small and fragile being.

Before he could control it, he ducked his head near her ear, his voice raw and husky as he spoke.

"Let me show you that I care."

It was silent for a moment wherein he could only hear the sounds of his heavy panting: a sign of his unruly desperation. His desperation to have her in his arms and hold her; to envelop her lips in his own. The urge was so strong now that he his fists were clenched by his side as he waited for her response. She stared at him wide-eyed for a moment longer before her mouth opened, her voice breaking the terse silence.

"What?" She breathed; her mouth agape. It wasn't the response he was hoping for but, still, he wouldn't back down now. He couldn't find it in him to so, instead he moved closer; his lips a fraction away from hers. He couldn't help but smile slightly as she arched a bit to meet his lips, but never really quite closed the gap. It was all the encouragement he needed to continue on.

"Let me take care of you, Lexi." He relented the words he had kept hidden so long; the wishes he had whenever he looked into those beautiful almond eyes. In them, he could see a vivacious ferocity like no other and, then, something else: a look of sadness, like a plea for help. He wanted to the one she sought for aid, was her only thought as he stroked down her jawbone with his index finger. He meant every single word.

Again, a terse silence passed and his body stayed tensed as he awaited her verdict. He wished so badly to know what she was thinking; to know if she too had felt any of the feelings he had been feeling, but some secrets would never be satiated. All he could tell from her expression was the unparalleled shock. She opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out.

And then, as if luck was finally on his side, she nodded.

It was a soft, subtle action, but it was all he needed for his lips to quirk up in the most genuine happiness he had ever felt. Adoration, gratefulness and awe, he felt it all as he looked down at her. He had unwittingly taken a huge risk in their confusing relationship and she had embraced him wholly.

It was only when she smiled back in response, her lips stretching in the most beautiful manner, that every fibre of control in him snapped.

He got up swiftly, pulling her up alongside him with ease to which she let out a small noise of surprise. It would have made him laugh had he not been more focused on getting them upstairs  the need to fulfill his promise to her so potent.

She didn't object as he opened the door, allowing the loud blaring of music to come in. There were crowds of people dancing and Aaron took the lead, holding Lexi tight by his side as they headed for the stairs. Aaron pulled Lexi to his front then as they ascended up the stairs which were now empty due to Danny's 'second floor off-limits rule'.