Playboy's Funhouse

Tired, me and Chance sat down in some chairs that were situated near the candy floss machine. The place where Aaron had said he went. Chance and I had been searching for him for 35 minutes now, but couldn't find him anywhere.

Chance thought he had gone for an emergency, but I knew better than to think that. You see, Chance thought we were dating, so he wouldn't assume that Aaron would 'cheat', but in actual fact, Aaron was a free bird, meaning he could go with any girl that he wanted at this minute and that's exactly where I believed him to be.

With some girl.

And not just any girl. 'Ticket girl' to be specific.

I felt angry at the thought. What if someone saw him with this girl? He would screw up the whole plan. If he wanted this to work, he needed to stop being so careless.

"Calm down" Chance's voice broke into my thoughts.
"His mum probably just called him home for something. You know she's in a bad state. He probably went there" He spoke in a reassuring tone, but I knew the truth.

But I couldn't tell Chance. I may have been super angry at Aaron, but I would never burst out a secret. That wasn't me.

"Yeah, I'm sure he's at home" I lied, forcing a smile. Chance raised his eyebrow in question.
"I know what a real smile looks like. Don't worry. He's alright" He said, putting his hand over mine.

I smiled. Even though Chance was a snobby drama queen, he was a great friend.

Suddenly, Chances phone rang. He glanced at the caller ID and looked at me apologetically.
"Sorry I gotta take this. Would you mind?" He said.

I smiled. Now this was a gentlemen. Someone who excused himself before leaving. Not someone who went off without telling anyone, making then search around frantically for you. That was no gentlemen.

"Sure! Go ahead. Take it, I'll be fine." I said, smiling.

Chance looked at me gratefully before standing out of the chair and walking to a place that was quieter. I looked around, bored. Until my eyes landed on something.

I mean, someone.

There, across from where I was sitting, was Tiana, walking out of... a funhouse? She looked around, a grin plastered across her face before walking back to the direction of the roller-coaster. A few minutes later, Aaron walked out, his face looking at his phone, while he texted.

Without thinking, I walked up to him and stood in front of him. He didn't seem to notice because he didn't look up from his phone. I coughed loudly to get his attention which seemed to work because his head shot up and he sent me a lazy smile.

"Where were you? We looked everywhere for you" I said with no hint of emotion. I didn't want to shout and be called uptight again.

"With Tiana" He said, carelessly and I had to keep my temper controlled at the reckless male in front of me. It was though he couldn't keep his raging hormones to the side, even if it meant that it was to make people believe we were going out.

"And what if someone saw you and our plan got ruined?" I said, calmly. I did not want a repeat of the last time Aaron had gotten angry and I had nearly wet myself.

He shot me a small smile.
"Relax, I was careful, no one saw us." He reassured me and I felt the urge to tear into him, but ignored it. He was right, if no one had saw then it was none of my business. I had said my promise extended to helping his mom out and that was it.

"But, in the funhouse?" I asked, incredulously. There were several hygiene issues with that, not to mention if there were any kids around.

"It's called a funhouse for a reason, right?" He said, smirking widely.
"And truth be told, that's the most fun I had in that damn house" he continued, raising his eyebrows for effect.

I retched at the thought before gesturing to the house with a hand.
"Some kids could have saw you! You probably scarred them for life" I said, my mouth hung open. I couldn't believe this.

Aaron shook his head, his eyes twinkling with amusement.
"Don't worry, Lexi, we were well hidden. No kid was there." He said, shrugging his shoulders like it was no big deal, but to me it was.

Romance was a special thing for me, one that needed to be shared with someone special. And, to act so intimate with a stranger, just for a few moments of 'fun', I didn't get it. I knew people did it and it was fine by me, but I could never quite understand. I wasn't one for judging him, but it made me realise how different our likes and dislikes were. We were, indeed, worlds apart.

I wanted to shout at him so badly, but I couldn't. The plan hadn't been ruined so I had no right. I also didn't want him getting angry at me so I dismissed my temper.

But, why was I so angry? I knew for a fact I wasn't jealous. He was an asshole and I felt sorry to whomever would end up with him. He was a playboy and one thing was sure:

I would never fall for the playboy.

__________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Fan, vote and comment please! :) X