Bonus Chapter 21: Selfish Orders

Hi guys! Here it is, the next bonus chapter. Remember, I am uploading weekly now so please like and comment so I know whether you enjoy it or not.

Also, my other book has also been uploaded (it is also weekly) and is a fantasy romance. Check it out!

Let me know what bonus chapters you'd like to see in the comments.

I was supposed to write why Justin and Savannah broke up, but I was unable to but have written this one instead.

So without further ado, the chapter-

The door opened with a loud thud and everyone's eyes were on the door. Obviously, that's what always happens when Aaron was at the door. The attention always seemed to be on him. He walked in slowly, his eyes on me.

I smiled, putting the 'fake girlfriend' facade up.
"Hey, where were-"

I was cut off by Aaron dropping to his knees. Well, one knee to be exact.

He was kneeling, his beautiful eyes staring up at me as he bit his lip. A small case was in his hand.

I would have found that to be a jaw-dropping sight if I wasn't wholly concentrated on my anxiety.

What was going on?

Aaron's POV when he gave Lexi a promise ring.

___________________________

Thud.

Thud.

Thud.

He could hear the beatings of his own heart as he waded down the corridor. In any other circumstances, he'd have greeted his friends by the lockers but, right now, his mind was elsewhere.

Only thoughts of Lexi came to mind.

Yet, he didn't know why his body was reacting like this. It was only last night when he and Lexi had discussed his reputation; how he was known as a ladies man. She had said it jokingly, yes, but he felt a bitter feeling fill him at her words. The last person he had wanted to see his ugly side was her, but she had.

In response, he had said he had wanted to change it and he had meant it with every fibre of his being. It was though, all of a sudden, he felt ashamed for his actions; he felt disgust. How did Lexi view him? Would she too find him disgusting for all that he had done? He couldn't stand to think of it.

And it was with that though that the idea had come to him last night- the promise ring. If he could show Lexi; show everyone that he could change then- perhaps- he could believe it too. That he was capable of change.

The door to Lexi's class opened with a loud thud and everyone's eyes then fell on him. It didn't deter him no; he was used to their intrusive gazes and, all the more, he was much too focused on a certain doe-eyed girl. He walked slowly towards her, taking in the way she smiled. Of course, she was only doing it as a pretense, but he still sought to savour it.

"Hey, where were-" She began, but he cut her off by dropping to a knee. He had to do it quickly before he changed his mind, looking up to her with steady eyes. It was only the way that he bit his lip that would give away his nerves as he talk out the small case from his pocket and extended it toward her.

The gasps and whispers in the room were loud enough to break and shatter the sound barrier, but he ignored it. He couldn't think of anything; couldn't focus on anything but Lexi's stunned face.

"Lexi? Are you okay?" He called but he was met with silence, increasing his nerves. He stood up at this, snapping a finger in her face, making her blink rapidly.