Bonus Chapter 11.4: Finding Freedom

Hi guys! Here it is, the next bonus chapter. Remember, I am uploading weekly now so please like and comment so I know whether you enjoy it or not.

Also, my other book has also been uploaded (it is also weekly) and is a fantasy romance. Check it out!

Let me know what bonus chapters you'd like to see in the comments.

So without further ado, the chapter-

I adjusted my body closer and, with our hands still connected, I leaned in. His mouth almost enveloped mine in a fiery kiss.

Keyword being almost.

Before our lips could make contact, Aaron's finger did. He raised his index finger to my lips, stopping me in my movements.

"Please." He strained out, his voice laced with exhaustion.

My eyes snapped open at this and I stared at him, hoping he would offer me a reasonable explanation- But one never came.

I recoiled away from him, nodding numbly.

"Sorry." I mumbled. Tears formed in my eyes, but I wouldn't let them fall. Aaron's eyes didn't meet mine as he spoke, his voice quiet.

"No. I'm the one who should be sorry. I didn't mean to start anything. I'm sorry." He said, his eyes looking everywhere but at me.

I turned to Aaron who eyed our connected hands with a mixture of disgust and despair.

I waited. I don't know what for, but I didn't feel like moving right now. Aaron clenched and unclenched his jaw, eyeing our hands. His palm pressed against mine with a little force before he hesitantly parted his hand from mine, moving it back slowly to his side.

Aaron's POV from the lake when they nearly kiss- Part 4

_________________________

"Aaron?" Her voice was soft and gentle, like music to his ears and he watched as her back hit the bank. Still, that didn't stop him and he moved closer to her, for reasons still unknown to him. If he didn't know, what he was doing.

And, oddly, he was okay with it.

*****

The only sound was that of the water as he moved towards her and he watched tentatively as she raised an eyebrow.

"Aaron?" She called again, voice soft yet inquisitive, but he didn't choose to reply. Instead, he continued his voyage towards her. Why he did so, he couldn't explain.

He had thought she would move away as he neared, but she didn't act as he had expected. Rather, she watched him curiously, eyeing his every move; wanting to know what he was going to do. It slightly pleased him that she wasn't shirking away; it was what she would usually do and it always made him question how she saw him. Was he just another dumb player in her eyes or did she see his plea for redemption?

He couldn't tell, not even when he fixed in gaze on her eyes, assessing her for an answer. He moved closer until there was a centimetre gap between his body and hers, making him suppress a smirk from how a small gasp escaped her mouth. He did love seeing the effect he had on her when she usually would just eye him with disinterest.
Perhaps, it was the fact that they were almost naked under the water that made this more exciting to him. Or, perhaps, it was her wide-eyed gaze, like a deer lost in headlights.

"Aaron?" She whispered, after what seemed to be a moment of shock and then she was looking back into his eyes just as he had done moments ago- the same assessing gaze.