Eli, The Goose And Me

Hey, guys! Thanks so much for reading it for this long! I love you guys! Please keep voting and commenting, guys! I'd really like to see if you liked it or if you have any suggestions

The further along the chapters you get, the better they get *wink wink*! I hope you guys keep reading!

_________________________________________

I fiddled with the napkin on my lap, tapping my fingers nervously on the table. I was out with Elliot for a dinner right now at 'The Goose' and to say I was nervous was an understatement. I've never been out with someone alone, let alone a guy. Elliot put his hand over mine, stopping me from tapping. And, I had never even been to such a fancy restaurant in my life, so I felt severely under-dressed in my burgundy blouse and jeans.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed in concern and I smiled in response at how caring he was. It made me feel a bit less nervous and I smiled at the gesture. 

"I'm fine, Eli." I reassured him, giving his hand a squeeze. He grinned widely, squeezing my hand back before sitting and leaning back, running a hand through his brown curls.

"Good. Now show me those beautiful pearly whites." Elliot joked, demonstrating a smile and I laughed at his words.

I laughed, opening my mouth widely.
"Go ahead, but I have a history of biting every dentist." I warned jokingly.

Elliot laughed in response, tutting at the end.
"Well, someone was an aggressive little girl." He teased; waggling his eyebrows tauntingly. I rolled my eyes before nudging him with a swift kick to the legs. His smile widened at this, making me scowl all the more. 

"I wasn't aggressive. I just don't like dentists." I huffed, folding my arms in a childish manner. Elliot smiled, amused at my childish behaviour.

"Well, it's a good thing my future occupation does not involve anything about dentistry, right?" He said.

"Why?" I questioned, not knowing what he meant. He smiled teasingly, a glimmer in his green eyes.

"Because I would hate for you not to like me"

I gaped slightly at his earnest response but recomposed myself quickly. Nevertheless, I was still nervous though as it was all still new to me. I was not exactly experienced in this field. His words had sent a rush of blood to my cheeks and I bit my lip as the nerves creeped up. 

"Alex?" Elliot questioned, pulling me out my thoughts and bringing me back to earth. Just as I was about to answer, a waiter came to our table.

"Good evening." He greeted with a slight accent and smile as he pulled out his notepad, eyeing us expectantly.

He gestured towards the menu.
"See anything you like?" He questioned, facing Elliot.

Elliot looked down at the menu, skimming it thoroughly.
"Absolutely, could we have the parsnip soup with bread as the appetiser and for the main course we would like the steak?" Elliot finalised, handing the menu to the waiter. I grimaced, slightly at the order, but made sure to hide my expression. It would do no good to hurt his feelings; he had my best interest when he ordered. 

The waiter nodded, his eyes briefly glancing to me as he tapped his pen against the notepad. 

"How would you like your steak?" He asked in a professional manner and Elliot bit his lip in thought for a moment before glancing to me. 

"Rare?" He took a guess and I nodded albeit liking it medium-to-well-done in the fear that I would upset him. He was trying so hard here. His smile widened at this and he nodded in confirmation to the waiter.