Chapter 22.3: Cutting the Cord

Hi guys! Here it is, the next bonus chapter. Remember, I am uploading weekly now so please like and comment so I know whether you enjoy it or not.

Also, my other book has also been uploaded (it is also weekly) and is a fantasy romance. Check it out!

Let me know what bonus chapters you'd like to see in the comments.

So without further ado, the chapter-

Justin sighed deeply at my words, his hold on my hand tightening only slightly before he let go. He turned his full gaze on me before managing a small smile. But, it was still undoubtedly breathtaking.

"I get that. I think I just care too much." He let out bluntly, not realising how much it made me smile. I nudged his arm affectionately.

"I think, I suffer from the same problem when it comes to you." I replied and he smiled at my words.

His eyes flitted to Savannah as she came to our side, greeting me with a tight hug. I smiled at the sight of them; despite their relationship ending, their friendship had only flourished in these past years. Given that Savannah didn't have a job at the moment, she spent much of her time volunteering at church. Justin worked as a chartered accountant and to say he excelled in his job was an understatement. Right now, they both were single, having broken up 3 years prior due to their differences, but were very amicable.

The reason why Justin and Savannah broke up- Part 3

___________________________

He could tell by the way he just watched her, his hands not moving to wipe her tears. He didn't feel the instinctive action in him to do so and he hated the very feel of tears, so he turned away then, looking to the ground thoughtfully.

"Justin, what is it?" Savannah edged closer, her voice concerned and he felt disdain in himself, knowing his next words would hurt her, but he wanted to be fair to her. He knew that it was better to hurt with the truth than to deceive with a lie. It would do her best in the long run. With this, he turned to her, his words as honest as any he had ever spoken.

"I think we need to break up."

Silence.

It was a pure and deadly silence that followed his words as she just stared at him. He watched her carefully for any movements; any type of notion that would serve as an indicator for how she was feeling, but one never came. Well, not any one that he could decipher; he was never too good with reading people, in any case.

"Oh."

These were the first words she uttered, breaking the long silence and he only looked to her as she pursed her lips, hands clasped together on her lap.

"I'm sorry, I should have said it in a better way." Justin said honestly, knowing all too well that sometimes his blunt way of speaking wasn't suitable for all situations. This was one of those situations.

Savannah only shook her head slowly, still pursing her lips.

"Don't be sorry for telling me the truth." She consoled him and he sighed deeply, shaking his head in response.

"I'm not sorry for telling you the truth. I am sorry for the way it came out. You're worth more to me than that." He answered, icy gaze turning to her as he watched her.

He had thought he would regret the words once they left his mouth but, right now, he felt as though a big weight had been moved from his chest. He had been fighting against his own feelings for a while, but now he was able to at least admit it to himself.