Fakers and Fights

Behind her, stood Aaron, Danny and Justin- a look of shock on their face.

And, their eyes were on me.

Me, with shreds of the blanket and a scissor, in my hand.

***************

"Oh my god." Avalon whispered, edging slowly into the room. She looked towards Aaron, tears in her eyes.

And, now it was all coming together. The truce had all been a lie. This was a set up all along. I scoffed in disgust, resisting the urge to go stab her with the scissors.

This was bigger than the 'feud' between the two of us now. She had taken a token of Sam's love and, essentially, spat on it. This link between Aaron and Sam had been destroyed and, all for what? To oust me as a liar? Is that all?

I balled my hands into fists, at my side. She had said she cared for Aaron; she had said she would do anything to make him happy.
With her actions, the only person she was making happy was herself.

I'm sorry, Sam. This happened because of me. I could have done something. I should have done something.

I don't know why I believed her woeful facade. A part of me wanted to believe her, I guess. A part of me wished that we could have been friends. I know, it was gullible of me, but I never knew she would stoop this low.

I was fuming and must have been red in the face. And, considering I had not known Sam too long, I wondered what Aaron must have been feeling.

I took my eyes off Avalon, who was currently sobbing over the remains of the material, and looked to the boys who were still stood at the doorway.

I was shocked to see that, the boy who always had a smile on his face, had a pained look instead. Danny was upset, an emotion that seemed foreign to associate with such a boy. His gaze remained fixated on the torn mess, his fists clenching. Yet, sadness wasn't the only emotion coursing through his veins; there was anger too. This was evident in the way his knuckles were turning white, from clenching too hard and his cheeks were tinted red. His gaze, however, didn't change and he stared- with glazed eyes- at the carnage, breathing heavily.

I looked over at Justin to see his cold eyes staring at the mess. His gaze switched from staring at the mess to staring at Aaron, from the corner of his eye. I was expecting the 'infamous glare'; I was expecting someone to be slapped on the side of the head. But, nothing came as he stared at both the mess and Aaron with cool and observant eyes. He was probably trying to assess the situation and suss out what chaos was going to occur. But, no one- not even Justin- could predict the outcome of this perilous incident.

I slowly and cautiously turned to Aaron. I knew he was going to be sad, but I wasn't prepared for the look that met my eyes. He wasn't just sad. He was broken, that I could tell. He stared, in despair and confusion at the torn blanket. He slowly moved into the room and gathered the material in his hands. I watched intently as he placed them on the floor, putting it together as thought it was a jigsaw puzzle. Yet, it wasn't a jigsaw puzzle; it was an important memoir for Aaron and now it was gone. Avalon had destroyed it and I couldn't help the sobs that escaped my mouth.

Regrettably, this took Aaron's attention off the blanket and he turned to me, a blank look in his eyes.

I wavered under his stare, panicking as he stood up slowly, his eyes never leaving mine. He moved closer to me and I scolded myself mentally for breathing heavily.

You are not the culprit, Alexis, so stop acting like you have something to hide!