Bonus Chapter 13.4: Rising Guilt

Hi guys! Here it is, the next bonus chapter. Remember, I am uploading weekly now so please like and comment so I know whether you enjoy it or not.

Also, my other book has also been uploaded (it is also weekly) and is a fantasy romance. Check it out!

Let me know what bonus chapters you'd like to see in the comments.

So without further ado, the chapter-

Avalon paid no heed to this and continued.

"You still love me and you know it!" She screeched.

Aaron dragged a hand through his hair in frustration.
"I don't love you, Avalon. How can I when I love Lexi?" He shouted.

Everything stopped for me there.

Aaron froze in his tracks, having realised what he said.

But, I couldn't concentrate on anything over the beating of my heart.

Aaron's POV when Avalon ripped the blanket: Part 4 ____________________________________________

Everything.

She was everything, he knew it in the moment that their lips touched. He knew it in the moment he felt the soft caress of her lips. It was all he could do to close the small gap remaining between their bodies and his arm encircled her waist, while his hand held her face gently, afraid she would break her with his touch. She was, in all essences, precious to him in ways that made him scared to lose her.

Even now, when she did nothing, it created a fear in him. Had he truly lost her or- rather- did she not love him to begin with? Yes, she had said she loved him in the hospital but his mind was quick to disregard that. She was in a moment of angst, trying to get him to not leave the hospital. If she had meant her confession, would she not have thought it important to tell him anything pertaining to her illness?

Yet, with his lips on hers now, he so badly wished for that very confession to be true. He knew she felt something for him, albeit it if it be scarce. He could tell by the way her body trembled as he kissed her, making him hold to her tightly.

And then, after what seemed like an eternity, her lips moved against his and he felt his heart implode at the action. It took everything in him for his heart to keep beating and he smiled against her lips, feeling an elation that he had not felt in a while. Recently, it had been chaotic event followed by chaotic event, turning his days into nothing but a bottomless cycle of dark misery. It was with but one touch from Lexi that the cycle collapsed, allowing him the sweet feel of happiness that ceased to stop rising.

Even more so when she encircled her hands around his neck, the happiness rised and he gave into its warmth, tightening his arm around her waist and lifting her slightly off the ground. It wasn't too high but just enough so that her feet were hovering above the ground and he let out a laugh as her body stiffened against him in surprise.

In response, she softly punched his chest, making him smirk against her lips. He was about to pinch her playfully, but then she moved a hand to stroke through his hair, making him still as her fingers weaved through the strands. His heart was in his throat at this point and they pulled back, their faces just inches apart.

He could only stare as she breathed heavily, lips slightly swollen and doe eyes looking up at him in ways that made his heart ache. He couldn't find the strength to look away from her as he caressed her cheek with the back of his hand, a smile on his face.

"God, you're beautiful." He muttered honestly, more to himself than her, but he could tell she heard it from the way that she blushed at his words. This only made the smile on his face widen. He couldn't believe he had this beauty. He lowered her to the floor, slowly, his eyes never leaving her. Again, the fear of losing her was wreaking his body and, so, he kept her in her line of sight.