chapter 4

" One of the wizards most rudimentary skills is levitation, the ability to make objects fly" says professor Flitwick while standing on a large pileof books "Do you all have your feathers?"

of books "Do you all have your feathers?"

Hermione lifts up her wand as Ophelia rests her head on her hand.

"Now, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing! the swish and flick everyone."

"Swish and flick" everyone copies swishing their wands up and down.

"Oh! And, enunciate wingardiam leviosa off you go then."

"Wingardiam Leviosa" Ophelia says struggling to levitate her feather.

"Wingardiam Leviosaa" Ron says hitting his wand in the air up and down and Ophelia stops trying the spell to look at the boy in a sort of judging manor as he smacks his wand around.

"Look stop, stop,  stop! You're going to take someone's eye out besides your saying it wrong, it's leviosa not leviosaa" Hermione corrects him.

Ron turns his head slowly to look at the bushy haired girl "You, do it then if your so clever go on!"

" Wingardiam Leviosa" she says and flicks her wand, almost instantly the feather levitates grabbing everyone's attention.

"Oh, well done, see here everyone miss Grangers done it!" Flitwick says as ron sulks resting his head on a book annoyed.

————

Ophelia waits for Hermione in the common room as Ron and Harry had already gone down to the halloween feast.

A girl named Parvati Patil walks through the common room about to leave with her sister Padma Ophelia goes over to the two.

"Hey! Have you guys seen Hermione I haven't seen her since this afternoon?" the girl asks the two

"Oh , last time I saw her she went into the girls bathroom she had been crying I'm not sure why, I'm pretty sure that's where you will find her!" Parvati says before waking out.

"Thank you!" Ophelia says before walking to the girls bathroom not caring about the halloween feast anymore.

"Hermione?" she asks as she could head sniffles from one of the stalls, "Are you okay what happened?"

"Ophelia is that you?"

"Yes?"

Hermione slowly walks out wiping her eyes and closing the stall door behind her.

"What happened Hermione?" Ophelia says at her sniffling friend she was shocked since Hermione wasn't usually one to do this.

"Well, Ron said some mean stuff about me behind my back after professor Flitwicks class....He said that I was a nightmare with no friends" Hermione says tilting her head to her feet

"We-" Ophelia gets stopped by two large blue feet infront of her and Hermione they both walk backwards slowly, before opening the stall door quickly locking it behind them the troll smashing the door down with his big bat.

"Ophelia Hermione move!" Harry shouts at the two

Ron and Harry start throwing broken wood at the troll hoping it would stop it from killing the two girls

"Hey,  pea brain!" Ron says hitting it on the face with wood, giving Hermione and Ophelia a chance to move under the sink away from the troll.

The troll turns around smashing his bat into the sink hitting only a few inches away from them.

Harry runs over before getting caught onto the trolls bat sticking his wand up it's nose "Ew" Ron and Ophelia say as Hermione makes a disgusted face.

"Do something!" Harry says dodging the big bat trying to hit him.

"What?" Ron says looking around for an answer.

"Anything!"

"Swish and Flick" Hermione says

"Wingardiam Leviosa!" Ron says flicking his wand levitating the bat out of the trolls hand before hitting it on the head dropping Harry.

Ophelia and Hermione stand up slowly walking towards the two boys.

"Are you guys okay?" Ron says

"Yeah" Ophelia half smiles

"Is it dead?" Ophelia questions

"I don't think so, let's not doubt" Harry says pulling out his wand from the trolls nose

"Ew,  troll bogies" Harry wipes his wand on his cloak before Magonagle runs in along with the rest of the teachers.

"Oh my explain yourselfs both of you!" she points at Ron and Harry

"W-"

"it's my fault professor Magonagle, I went looking for the troll and thought I could handle it I guess I was wrong if it wasn't for Ron and Harry me and Ophelia would probably be dead" Hermione speaks up.

"miss Granger?" Magonagle questions in a shocked tone "and what about you miss Anderson?"

"That's, my fault too I convinced Ophelia to come with me too find the troll with her" Hermione says again as Ophelia turns around smiling at her in a shocked way.

"Be that as it may it was an extremely foolish thing to do u would have expected more rational before on your part and I am very disappointed in you miss granger 5 points will be taken from gryffindor for your serious lack of judgement, as for you two gentlemen I just hope you realise how fortunate you are not many first year students can take on a fully grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale, 5 points will be awarded to each of you for pure dumb luck" magonagle finishes leaving the four.