chapter 11

"Stop, it Ron

"Stop, it Ron. You're making it snow." Hermione rolls her eyes, looking back down to her copy of the Daily Prophet.

"Tell me how I broke up with Lavender again." Ron questions.

Ophelia widens her eyes, she looks up at Harry and Hermione, "Well, she came to visit you in the hospital. And you talked. I don't believe it was a particularly long conversation."

"Don't get me wrong, I'm bloody thrilled to be shot out of her, she seems a bit.... put out?"

The Quartet all look over to the girl, Lavender tightens her grip on her fork and sits there staring at Ophelia with a frown.

"Yes.... um, she does doesn't she? You say, you don't remember anything from that night. Anything at all?" Ophelia perches up on her seat.

"There is something.." Ron turns to Ophelia, "Well, I was completely boggled wasn't I?" He nervously laughs.

"Boggled, yeah.." Ophelia clears her throat, looking down onto her copy of the Daily Prophet.

"Harry... That's Katie, Katie Bell.." Hermione indicates, Harry springs to his feet and jogs to the girl.

————

"Well... How do you feel?"

"Excellent." Harry smiles at the trio giddily, he places the now empty vial of Liquid Luck into his pocket and stands up quickly.

"Remember, Slughorn usually eats early. Takes a walk and then returns to his office," Ophelia slowly nods.

"Alright... I'm going down to Hagrid's!"

"What? No, Harry you've got to speak to Slughorn." Hermione scoffs. "We have a plan."

"I know, but, I've got a really good feeling about Hagrid's. I feel it's the place to be tonight... You know what I mean?"

"No.." the trio shake the heads.

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing... Or Felix does!" Harry smiles walking out of the room, "Hi!" He smiles at the passing student.

————

Harry sneaks up on Slughorn as the man perches his head into the greenhouse, "Hi!" Harry smiles.

Slughorn almost screams in fear of the boy, "Oh, Harry!"

"Sorry, sir.. I should've announced myself, you probably feared I was Professor Sprout?" Harry laughs.

"I did actually."

"Exactly how did you and Miss. Black get out of the castle?" Slughorn follows the two out the corridor.

"Through the front door, sir!"

"Well, me and Ophelia off to Hagrid's. You see he's a very dear friend of ours and I fancy paying him a visit, so if you don't mind we will be going now." Harry drags Ophelia away.

"Harry!" Slughorn scolds In disbelief.

"Sir!" Harry returns.

"It's nearly nightfall, surely you realise I can't allow you and your friend to go around the grounds just you two?"

"Well, by all means come along. Sir." Harry narrows his eyes sassily, Ophelia hides a smile.

————

"H-Harry, I must insist that you accompany me back to the castle immediately!"

"That, would be counterproductive sir."

"And, what makes you say that?"

"No idea."

Hagrid sniffles, "Horace.."

"Merlin's beard is that an actual acromantula?" Slughorn stands there with wide eyes.

"Uh, a dead one... Sir," Ophelia says raising her eyebrows.

"Oh, god... Dear fella, how ever did you manage to kill it?"

"Kill it? Oldest friend he was!" Hagrid furrows his brows at the man.

"Oh, I'm so sorry,"

"Oh don't worry yourself, you're not alone.. Seriously misunderstood creatures, spiders are.. They eyes I reckon they unearthed some folk."

"Not to mention pinsers," Harry does an impress of a spider making Ophelia laugh, she coughs covering it up realising that wasn't the right time."

"Hagrid... The last thing I wish to be is indelicate, but our adventures of enemies. Uncommonly rare. Would you allow me to extract a vial.. Or two?"

Hagrid sniffs, "Well, I suppose it's gonna do him much good now. Is it?"

"My thoughts exactly!" Slughorn beams. "I have a temper or two about my person for just such occasions as this. Older potions masters have it you know!"

"I wish you could've seen him in his prime. Just magnificent."

The three stare bluntly at the man around the spider, "Would you like me to say a few words?"

"Yes.."

"Oh.. Farewell."

"Aragog."

"Farewell... Aragog. King of the arachnids. Nobody will decay. Your spirt lingers on.."