chapter 8

"He had perfect liberty to kiss whoever he likes

"He had perfect liberty to kiss whoever he likes. I really couldn't care less, was I under the impression he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas together? Yes. Now given the circumstances I've had to make other arrangements.." Ophelia rants.

"Have you?" Harry raises his eyebrows.

"Yes, why?"

"Well, I just thought seeing as none of us can go with who we'd really like to we should go together as friends."

"Why didn't I think of that?" Ophelia puts her head in her hands, Hermione laughs opening her book.

"Who are you going with?"

"Uh. It's a surprise, anyways it's you we have to worry about. You can't just take anyone..... See that girl over there, that's Romilda Vane, apparently she's trying to smuggle you a love potion."

"Really?" Harry raises his eyebrows looking over to the girl.

"Hey." Hermione clicks, "She's only interested in you because she thinks your the 'Chosen One'"

Harry smirks giddily, "But I am the chosen one."

Ophelia hits him on the head, "Okay.... Sorry, Uhm kidding, I'll ask someone I like... Someone cool." Ophelia and Hermione nod at the boy.

————

Ophelia stands awkwardly waiting for Harry or Hermione to show up, "Drink?" Neville innocently asks the girl.

"Neville?"

"I didn't get into the Slug Club, I-It's okay though..He's got Belby behind the towels in the loo." Neville laughs.

Ophelia laughs slightly, "Oh, I'm fine thought thank you."

"Okay!"

Ophelia spots her date coming closer to her, she sneaks past a group of people and behind some curtains.

"Ophelia? What are you doing? And what happened to you?"

"I've just escaped, I'm pretty sure I may have ruined some peoples outfits on the way."

"From who?"

"Cormac.." Ophelia sighs in disappointment,

"Cormac? That's you who brought?" Harry gasps in disbelief.

"Well, I thought it annoy Ron the worst, since you know they don't get along at all, after Quidditch." Ophelia lowers her voice, "It's all he's been talking about for the entire time I arrived!" She whisper-shouts.

"Dragon tata?" A waiter approaches the pair,

"I'm fine, thank you.." Ophelia passes, smiling slightly.

"Oh- god here he comes," Ophelia rolls her eyes and ducks under the curtains again, she spots Luna and walks towards her covering her face as she does hoping Cormac doesn't see her.

"Hello, Ophelia." Luna softly smiles, "I like your dress."

"Hi. Thank you," Ophelia smiles at the blonde, "Sorry, if I seem off I'm just hiding from someone."

"Who?"

"Uh, Cormac.." She looks around, embarrassed.

"But, didn't you hate him, and so does Ron.." Luna softly questions,

Ophelia smiles. "Yeah, but I'm doing it for a reason.... Not a good one, Oh he's coming, bye Luna."

"Bye." Luna smiles as Cormac walks over to Luna, with a confused expression.

"Have you seen Ophelia?"

"No." Luna pours herself another drink and smiles over to Ophelia, who mouths a 'Thank you'

Ophelia stands around with another random group, she feels someone tap her shoulder making her jump on the spot.

"I've been looking for you everywhere, where were you?" Cormac laughs arrogantly.

"Ginny spilt juice all over her dress, and I had to help her get it off,"

"So, now that you have taken me too this Christmas party.... Who would you say is the better Quidditch keeper, me or Ron-"

"Ron! Okay Cormac you were shit, and sorry to say Quidditch is not your thing and you definitely shouldn't specialise in it, bye." Ophelia walks over to Ginny.

"Get your hands off me, you filthy Squibb!" Draco shouts as Filch drags him into the party.

"Professor Slughorn, sir. I just discovered this boy.. Lurking, in an upstairs corridor he claims to have been invited to your party."

"Okay! Okay, I was gate crashing... Happy?"

Snape slowly walks over to the boy, "I'll escort him...Out,"

"Certainly. Professor."

Slughorn nervously laughs, "Eh, Carry on! Carry on!"

Ophelia turns to Ginny, "Uh, Gin have you seen Mione anywhere?"

"I saw her, she left. Said she wasn't feeling great, according to her she had 'too much of that Dragon Balls?"

Ophelia laughs, "Yeah, I think I' should probably go I mean I don't want Cormac nagging me about Quidditch trails again."