chapter 7

"So, how was it then

"So, how was it then." Ron asks Harry and Hermione as Ophelia fiddles with her mothers necklace.

"How was what?"

"Your dinner party." Ron mocks.

"Pretty boring actually, thought I think Harry enjoyed dessert." She smiles at the boy.

"Slughorn is having Christmas-do you know, and we're meant to bring someone."

"Oh, not another one." Ophelia puts her head in her hands angrily, "Well, if I am being forced to go with anyone I'll go with someone who's company I actually enjoy."

"I expect you'll be bringing McLaggen, he's in the Slug club isn't he?"

"Actually, I was going to ask you." She raises her eyebrows and picks at her food.

Ron straightens up his posture slightly, "Really?"

Lavender Brown runs up to the quartet, "Good luck today Ron.... I know you'll be brilliant." She giggles and runs off.

Ophelia sends the girl a look as she runs off back to Pavarti.

"I'm resigning, after todays match. McLaggen can have my spot." Ron panics.

"Have it your way," Harry hands Ron a cup.

"Hello everyone. You look dreadful, Ron. Is that why you put something in his cup?" Luna softy says as Ron, Hermione and Ophelia all look at each other then at Harry.

"Is it a tonic?"

Harry places the vial into his pocket, "Liquid Luck." Hermione widens her eyes. "Don't drink it Ron!"

Ophelia and Hermione glare at the boy as he drinks the potion, Harry giddily smiles. "You can be expelled for that."

"Don't know what you're talking about?"

"Come on Harry, Ophelia. We've got a game to win!" Ophelia rolls her eyes and follows the two.

————

Ophelia shivers as the cold snow hits her face, she almost gets smacked off her broom as Blaise Zabini a Slytherin, comes rushing through.

He throws the Quaffle into the bottom hoop, Ron flies down and dodges it, Ophelia widens her eyes and smiles. The Gryffindor crowd erupts into cheers,

Ophelia catches the Quaffle off a Slytherin member, dodging his path for another Slytherin and scores a goal.

She narrows her eye and tries to see what's in-front of her, she focuses her vision on a Slytherin coming towards her with the Quaffle in the air, she catches in and throws it in one of the hoops scoring causing them to fall off their broom erupting the Gryffindor crowd in cheers.

Ron beats away another Quaffle and cheers, "Weasley! Weasley! Weasley!" the Gryffindor crows chants.

————

"Weasley! Weasley! Weasley! Weasley!" The Gryffindor common room chants as Ophelia laughs and smiles at the boy.

"You know you shouldn't have done it." Hermione sighs.

"I know. I suppose I could have just used a Confundus charm."

Hermione stands there with a shocked expression, "That was different.... That was tryouts, this was an actual game."

Harry shows the two the full bottle of Liquid Luck, "You didn't put it in... Ron only thought you did." Ophelia says as Harry nods.

She smiles at the boy almost proud, she looks back up at the party, to find Lavender pulling Ron in. The Gryffindor common room cheers and laughs loudly.

Ophelia's smiles drops, as her heart rate increases. She pushes through the Gryffindor crowd.

Hermione looks beside Ophelia too see how she's doing and watches her leave, she nudges Harry. Who looks behind,

"Go," Hermione indicates for him too leave.

Harry doesn't think twice and nods, he walks out of the common room and find Ophelia sitting sniffling quietly.

Harry sits beside the girl and puts an arm around her, "Oh, I'm fine." She says before another tear falls down her cheek.

"I know, I thought he liked you..." Harry sadly smiles at his best friend.

"Yea, I just realised too." She sighs. "That I like him." She wipes a tear from her face.

"How does it feel, Harry? When you see Dean with Ginny.... Your like my brother, I see the way you look at her."

She places her head on Harry's shoulder as he tries to answer, Lavender runs in giggling with Ron. "Oops! I think this room is taken," she pulls Ron away.

"What's wrong?" Ron stays as Ophelia stares at the boy, Lavender returns and pulls Ron away. Ophelia let's the tears run down her face,

"It feels like this." Harry sadly says,

Hermione walks in and sits down next to Ophelia, Hermione's facial expressions soften as she sees her friend like this.

Hermione doesn't say anything instead she hugs the girl as she cries into Hermione shoulder quietly.

Ophelia wipes away her tears, "I love you both, Thank you."

Harry and Hermione sadly smiles and give the girl a hug.