chapter 3

The golden Quartet make their way into Aberforth's home, Ophelia looks around raising her eyebrows at all the artifacts

"Did you get a look at him?" Ron looks at Ophelia with wide eyes, "For a second I thought it was-"

"I know, Dumbledoor." Ophelia puts her hand on Ron's arm as the couple make their way into the house.

"Harry... I can see you in this," Hermione furrows her brows, Harry puts his hand up to the mirror as Aberforth walks inside.

"Bloody fools, what makes you think you can come in here? Have you any idea how dangerous it is?" he raises her voice.

"You're Aberforth. Dumbledoor's brother? It's you who i've been seeing in here, you're the one who sent Dobby?"

"What have you left him?"

Harry's eyes sadden slightly as his tone changes, "He's dead.."

"Sorry to hear it, I liked that elf," Aberforth nods in sorrow as Harry points at the mirror.

"Who gave that to you? The mirror."

"Mundungus Fletcher. About a year ago.."

Ophelia crosses her arms and raises her eyebrows at the mention of the name, Ron places a hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

"He had no right selling that to you. It belonged-" Harry shakes his head before getting interrupted by Aberforth.

"Sirius. Albus told me, he also told me you'd be hacked off, if you found out I had it, ask yourself where would you be if I didn't.."

Aberforth places down a tray of food as the Quartet rush to get something, "Do you know from the others much?" Hermione wonders, grabbing a slice of bread. "From the Order?"

"The Order's finished, You-Know-Who's won, anyone who says otherwise is killing themselves."

"We need to get into Hogwarts, tonight." Harry breaks the silence. "Dumbledoor gave us a job to do,"

"Did he now? Nice job? Easy?"

"We've been hunting Horcruxes, and we think the last one is inside the castle, but we need your help getting in."

"No job my brother's given you... It's a suicide mission." Aberforth bluntly says as Ophelia mentally agrees. "Do yourself a favour boy. Go home, live a little longer."

"Dumbledoor trusted me to see this through." Harry tilts his head to the side as Ophelia listens in.

"What makes you think you can trust him?" Aberforth raises his voice, "What makes you believe anything my brother told you. Did he ever mention my name, did he ever mention hers." he points to the painting on the wall.

"I trusted him." Harry shakes his head, "I don't care that you've given up, I trusted the man I knew. We need to get into the castle tonight."

"You know what to do." He says to Ariana, as she walks off. Ophelia furrows her brows.

"Where have you sent her?" Harry wonders, looking back at Aberforth.

he nods, walking back. "You'll see.."

"That's your sister Ariana, isn't it?" Ophelia turns to the man, "She died very young.. Didn't she.."

"My brother sacrificed many things Mr. Potter, on his journey to find power.. Including Ariana and she was devoted to him, he gave her everything.."

"Thank you Mr. Dumbledoor." Hermione nods, "Did save our lives twice.. That doesn't seem like someone who's given up.."

"She's coming back.." Ophelia points out narrowing her eyes.

"Who's that with her." Ron taps Ophelia's shoulder,

Neville smiles at the Quartet, "Neville, oh, you look-" Ophelia smiles at the boy.

"Like hell I reckon, this is nothing, Seamus is worse. Hey, Al we've got a couple more coming through." he smiles at the Quartet.

"Don't remember this on the Marauders map." Harry looks around the small tunnel.

Neville nods in agreement, "That's because it never existed until now. The seven secret passages were sealed off, before the start of the year. This is the only way in or out, now. The grounds are crawled with Death eaters and Dementors."

"How about Snape as headmaster?"

"Hardly ever seen. it's the Carrows who's watching out for."

Ron takes Ophelia's hand tightly as they walk through the tunnel, "Carrows?" he furrows his brows.

Neville nods, "Yeah. Brother and sister, in charge of discipline, they like punishment. the Carrows." he points his hand to the large cut on his head.

"They did that to you? Why?"

"Today's Dark Arts lesson was practicing the Cruciatus curse... On first years, I refused, Hogwarts has changed." he smiles at the end of the passageway, "Let's have some fun, shall we?"