chapter 4

"Hey, Harry?!" Ophelia says as the three find Harry who looks rather confused

"Can you hear it!"

"Hear what?" Ron looks around looking for an answer.

"That voice.."

"What voice Harry?" Ophelia furrows her brows at the boy wondering around confusedly.

"It's moving....I think it's going to kill" Harry runs of leaving the three looking at each other cluelessly before chasing Harry through the school.

"Oh Harry wait!" Hermione calls out.

————-

The four end up in a flooded area of the school by a wall that has been written with blood,
"Strange, I've never seen spiders act like that."

"I don't like spiders" Ophelia rolls her eyes slightly at the redhead who is looking very squeamish.

The four find a reflection of writing on the flooded water before all looking up in unison and widening their eyes.

"The chamber of secrets has been opened, enemies of the heir beware....it's written in blood" Hermione scrunches up her nose as Ophelia and Harry slightly step forward before Ron pulls Ophelia back.

"It's filches cat! It's mrs Norris.." Harry turns around as the rest of the students come walking through crowding the four in the middle.

"Enemies of the heir beware? You'll be next mudbloods!" Draco spits directed at Hermione.

"What's goin on e're...make way make way!....potter what are yo-.....mrs Norris? You murdered my cat...."

"no...no" Harry whispers

"I'll kill ya...I'll kill ya!"

"Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately! Everyone except you four.." Dumbledoor stops the quartet making Ophelia sigh again.

"She's not dead...she's just been petrified."

"Ah, thought so...so unlucky I wasn't there I know exactly the counter curse that could have spared her."

Ophelia rolls her eyes at the arrogant man, "maybe it would be as successful as the spell you used on the pixies not too long ago?"

Magonagle upturns her lips at the girl as even Dumbledoor manages to hide a smile from her remark toward the man.

"But how she's been petrified I cannot say.." Dumbledoor examines the bloodied wall carefully.

"Ask him! He's done it, you saw what he wrote on the wall!"

The quartet look at each other cluelessly before Harry speaks up.
"It's not true sir I swear...I never touched mrs Norris"

"Rubbish!"

"If I might headmaster perhaps Potter and his friends were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.....however the circumstances are suspicious I for one don't recall seeing Potter at dinner." Snape walks toward the quartet.

"I'm afraid that's my doing Severus, you see Harry was helping me answer my fan mail"

"That's why Ron, Ophelia and I went looking for him professor we just found him when he said-"

"Yes, miss Granger?"

"When I said I wasn't hungry, we were heading back to the common room when we found mrs Norris."

"Innocent until proven guiltily Severus.."

"My cat has been petrified I wanna see some punishment!"

"We will be able to cure her Argus..as I understand it Madam sprout has a very healthy growth of Mandrakes...a matured potion will be made to revive mrs Norris and in the mean time, I strongly recommend caution to all." Dumbledoor finishes sending the four off.

The four walk to the common room as Ophelia stops Infront of the three, "it's a little strange isn't it?"

"Strange?"

"Yes, strange..you hear this voice then suddenly you find mrs Norris petrified it's strange!" Ophelia sighs.

"So do you think I should have told them? Dumbledoor and all the others?"

Hermione shakes her head before standing up on the same step as Ophelia,
"No. Harry, even in the wizarding world isn't a good sign.." Ophelia and Hermione walk off to ten common room leaving Harry and Ron standing alone.

"They're right you know" a portrait points out to the boys.

————

"Could, I have your attention please?" Magonagle asks over the chatty classroom of second years.
"Right, now today we will be transforming animals into water goblets. Like so, 1, 2, 3, feraverto....now it's your turn, now who would like to go first. Ah, mr Weasley. 1 2 3, feraverto."

Ron nods before clearing his throat, "feraverto" before the rat turns into a half cup half fat Ophelia feels a smile growing on her face.

"That wand needs replacing mr Weasley!" Magonagle walks over to her desk again as Ron raised his eye brows and shows Ophelia his now rat cup as she laughs quietly.

"Yes, miss Granger?"

"Professor...I was wondering if you could tell us about..." she hesitates wondering if she should ask "the chamber of secrets..."

"Very well, you all know of course that Hogwarts was founded, over a thousand years ago. By the four greatest witches and wizards of the age. Godrick Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin, now three of the founders. Co existed quite harmoniously, one did not...Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts, he believed. Magical learning should be kept with in all magic families, in other words..pure bloods, unable to sway the others he decided to leave the school.....now, according to legend Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle. Known as the chamber of secrets. Well shortly before departing, he sealed it...until that time his own true heir returned to the school....the heir alike would be able to open to chamber and unleash the horror within, and by so doing purge the school of all those who...in Slytherin's view were unworthy to study magic.."

"Muggleborns..."

"Well, naturally the school has been searched many times...no such chamber has been found." Magonagle walks away to her desk again.

"Proffesor...what exactly does legend tell us lies in the chamber?"

"Well the chamber is said to be home to something that only the heir of Slytherin can control...it is said to be the home of a monster.."

Ophelia widens her eyes and looks at Hermione who is doing the same.