chapter 3

The Gryffindor team walks through the hall as Oliver wood talks to them about the new plan for training

"I spent the summer devising a whole new quidditch programme, we are gonna train earlier, harder and longer....what? I don't believe it...where do you think your going Flint?" Oliver furrows his brows at the Slytherin captain.

"Quidditch practice"

"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today"

"Easy wood, I've got a note"

Ron and Hermione walk over to Ophelia, Harry and the quidditch team, "I Professor Severus Snape do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing the need to train their new seeker...you've got a new seeker who?"

Malfoy walks through with that annoying smirk he always has on his face, Ophelia furrows her brows as Malfoy walks forward.

"Malfoy?" Harry steps forward slightly questioning a little as Ophelia stands next to Harry questioning how he got on the team a lot more.

"that's right, and that's not all that's new this year" everyone turns their heads to look at the Slytherin team's new brooms as they all widen their eyes at the new nimbus 2001.

"Those are nimbus 2001's how did you get those?" Ron looks at the broom.

"A gift from Draco's father"

"You see Weasley unlike some...my father can afford the best!" Draco smirks again looking proud when he really shouldn't.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in...they got in on pure talent" Hermione says confidently as Draco steps forward to the girl.

"No one asked your opinion you flighty little mudblood." everyone gasps at the word as Hermione's eyes gloss over.

Ophelia steps forward "watch your mouth Malfoy!" She narrows her eyes.

"Oh what are you going to do about that Anderson...call your parents for help??" He snarls as Ophelia widens her eyes as the Gryffindor team gasps again.

"Oh you'll pay for that one Malfoy..eat slugs!" Ron angrily says to Malfoy before shooting backwards, Harry, Hermione, Ophelia and the Gryffindor team run over as the Slytherin's laugh.

"Are you okay Ron?? Just say something!" Ophelia kneels down as Ron just shoots a slug from his mouth making everyone scrunch up in disgust.

"Wow! Can you turn him around Harry!" Colin says taking a photo of Ron.

"No Colin, get out of the way....let's take him to Hagrid's he'll know what to do" as the three help Ron to Hagrid.

————-

The four sit in Hagrid's hut as Ron still pukes up slugs Ophelia puts her hand on his back as he pukes up another slug scrunching up her nose.

"This calls for specialist equipment!...nothing to do until wait till it stops I'm afraid...better out then in, who's going around tryna curse anyway?"

"Malfoy he made fun of Ophelia for having no parents and well he called Hermione a...uhm well I don't know exactly what it means?"  Harry says.

Hermione stand up as her eyes get glossy again, "he called me a mudblood."

Hagrid gasps "he did not!"

"What's a mudblood?"

"It means dirty blood, a mudblood is a really foul name for someone who is muggle born someone with non magic parents....someone like me, it's not one usually hears in civililiced  conversation."

"You see thing is Harry there's some wizards like the Malfoy family who think they're better than everyone else because they're what people call 'pure blood'"

Harry's expression changes to a more annoyed and sorry feeling for Hermione "that's horrible."

Ron pukes up another slug as Ophelia sends him a sorry look "it's disgusting.." he says

"And it's codswallop to boot, dirty blood why there isn't a wizard alive today who's not half blood or less....more to the point, that yet to think of a spell that our Hermione can't do. Come here, don't you think on it Hermione...don't you think on it for one minute. Hey.."