chapter 9

"I always heard hogwarts end of year exams where frightful, I found they're rather enjoyable" Hermione says proudly as Ophelia turns her head to look at the bushy haired girl

"I don't think I even finished half the paper!" Ophelia says to Hermione.

"Speak for yourself" Ron says "Alright there Harry?"

"My scar....It keeps burning!" Harry holds his head in pain.

"It's happened before.."

"No this times different"

"Perhaps you should go see the nurse" Ron suggests to his friend still holding his forehead.

"I think it's a warning, I think it means dangers coming"

The four walk to see Hagrid sitting by the end of his hut sadly playing a flute, "oh, of course..." Harry's points out before walking to Hagrid

"What is it?" Hermione asks

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that the only thing Hagrid wants is a dragon and a stranger turns up and just happens to have one?" Harry explains to the three rushing over to the half giant still playing to flute sadly " I mean how many people walk around with dragon eggs in their pocket, why didn't I see it before!"

"Hagrid who gave you that dragon egg? what did he look like!" Harry shouts out of breath.

"I dunno, never saw his face he kept his hood up.." Hagrid turns away again.

"Well didn't you two talk while he gave you the egg or did he just throw it at you?" Ophelia furrows her brows confused.

"Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures he looked after, I told him I said after Fluffy a dragons gonna be no problem"

"Did he seem interested in Fluffy" the four lean in a little more in eagerness.

"Well of course he was interested in Flulffy! How often do you come across a three headed dog, even if your in the trade, but I told him I said, I said the trick with any beast is to know how to calm him!" "Take Fluffy for example, play him music and he'll fall straight to sleep". 

The four look at each other all realising the exact same thing, "I shouldn't have told you that.."

The four run away without saying another word to the man. "Where you going!" Hagrid shouts from a distance but the quartet ignores and carries on running.

——————

"We have to see professor Dumbledoor, we have to immediately!" Harry says very quickly to Magonagle maybe not giving the woman enough time to process what the boy had just said.

"I'm afraid professor Dumbledoor is not here, he received and urgent owl from the ministry and left immediately to London"

"He's gone! But this is important, this is about the philosophers stone!" Harry sort of tones his voice down realising what he had just slipped out.

"How do you-" Magonagle tilts her head up before getting interrupted by the raven haired boy.

"Someone's going to try and steal it!"

Magonagle looks around the four multiple times "I'm not sure how you four found out about to stone but I assure, it's perfectly well protected, now would you go back to your dormitory's..." Magonagle quickly speaks to the four.

Ophelia sighs and walks off with her friends out into the corridor, "the was no stranger Hagrid met, that was Snape which means he knows how to get past fluffy...." Harry speaks up

"And with Dumbledoor gone-" Hermione starts  before  getting disrupted by a man with long black hair slowly speaking behind them.

"Good afternoon, now what would three young Gryffindors such as yourselves be doing inside on a day like this..." Snape looks around the four almost like wanting an answer from one.

"Well we were just, discussing about our favourite potions lessons this year" Ophelia clears her throat slightly.

"Oh be careful, people would think your...up to something" the man says before dramatically walking off with his long cloak dragging behind him.

"Now what do we do!" Hermione whisper shouts at Harry.

"We go down to the trap door, tonight" the boy says looking at his three friends.