chapter 6

"Gather round, Gather round, can everybody see me

"Gather round, Gather round, can everybody see me...can you all hear me, excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledoor has granted me permission to start this little duelling club, to defend yourselves. As I have done on countless occasions. For full details see my published work." Lockhart smiles arrogantly before throwing his cape into the crowd of students.

"Let me introduce, my assistant Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a little demonstration, now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry, you'll still have your potions master when I'm through with it. Never fear." the two Professors walk towards each other before walking away again getting ready to disarm.

"1....2...3"

"Expelliarmus!" Snape shouts and Lockhart goes flying across the room Ophelia laughs slightly so does Ron then there's Hermione wondering if Lockhart is alright.

"Do you think he's alright!"

"Who cares?" Ron and Ophelia say at the same time.

"An excellent idea to show them that Professor Snape but if you don't mind me saying. It was pretty obvious, uh what your about to do. And if I had wanted to stop you, it would've been only too easy."

"Perhaps it would be proven to first, teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor." Snape says with no expression on his face as always.

Lockhart pauses for a moment, "An excellent suggestion Professor Snape! Uh let's have a volunteer pair, uh Potter, Weasley how about you?"

"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the smallest spells, we'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing. In a matchbox....might I suggest someone from my own house? Malfoy perhaps."

Draco and Harry walk towards each other, Draco still with that annoying smirk on his face.

"Wands at the ready!"

"Scared Potter?"

"You wish."

"On the count of three you may cast your spells at your opponent to disarm, only to disarm...we don't want any accidents here, 1........2-"

"Everte Statum!" Draco shouts before Lockhart could even tell the two to start making Harry fly backwards.

"Rictusempra!" Harry shouts back making Draco fly back twisting in the air.

"I said disarm only!!"

"Serpensortia!" Draco shouts as a small green snake flies out of his wand and onto the platform.

"Don't move Potter, I'll get rid of it for you."

"Allow me Professor Snape!....Alarte Ascendare!" Which does absolutely nothing except make the snake fly up about 10 feet into the air.

Harry starts whispering a language that Ophelia couldn't understand which the snake must have, she furrows her brows.

"Vipera Evanesca!"

"What are you playing at?" A kid named Justin asks Harry who is looking around as all the students judge the boy at what he had just done.

————

"Your a parcel mouth! Why didn't you tell us?" Ron says running into the common room.

"You can talk to snakes.."

"I know, I mean I accidentally sent a python on my cousin Dudley once. Uh once, but so what? I bet loads of people he likes to can do it!" Harry looks at the three.

"No Harry not many people can, it's very rare" Ophelia says sitting down on the sofa yawning.

"Well if I hadn't told the snake not to attack Justin."

"Oh, that's what you said to it!"

"You were there! You heard me?"

"No I heard you speak parcel tongue! Which is snake language" Ophelia interrupts.

"I spoke a different language? But I didn't realise, how can I speak a language without knowing I can?"

"I don't know Harry, but it sounded like you were egging the snake on or something....Harry listen to me there's a reason the symbol of Slytherin house is a serpent, Salazar Slytherin was a parcel mouth....he could talk to snakes too" Hermione lectures Harry.

"Exactly, now the whole school's gonna think your his great-great-great-grandson or something?"

"But I'm not! It can't be??"

Ophelia listens in before standing up from the sofa realising she should do something about this instead of falling asleep. "Harry, he did live like a thousand years ago...you could be?"

————

The four quietly study, as the other students from different house turn around to judge Harry even Ginny. Harry looks to Ophelia as she smiles awkwardly at the boy.

"I'll see you back in the common room" Harry says before walking away.

"Ok..." Ophelia innocently says before getting back to her work feeling sorry for the boy.