chapter 8

The five wall out towards Hagrid's hut with Filch, blabbering on about the detention system back in the old days

"But pity they let the old punishments go, it was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons! God I miss the screaming" Flich tells the kids annoyed as usual. "You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight, we've got a little job to do inside the dark forest......good god man your not still on about that bloody dragon are ya-"

Hagrid picks up a crossbow seeming upset not saying a word before deciding to speak.

"Norbert is gone, Dumbledoor sent him of to Romania to live in a colony..."

"Well that's good isn't it, he'll be with his own kind" Hermione says trying to cheer him up slightly.

"Yea but what if he don't like Romania...what if the other dragons are mean to him he's only a baby after all" Hagrid shakes his head sadly

"Oh for god sake pull yourself together man, your going into the forest after all" Flich says raising his eyebrows at the half giant.

"The forest! I thought that was a joke, you can't go in there......students aren't allowed and there are ...... werwolves!" Draco says scared trying not to show it.

"There's more than wearwolves in those trees, you can be sure of that.....nighty night." Filch walks off.

"Is someone scared?" Ophelia says to Draco looking petrified of going in the forest.

"Uh what no, no" Draco flinches slightly at her sudden talk to the boy Ophelia quietly snorts at the boys pettiness.

"Right let's go" Hagrid leads the five into the forest, Hagrid picks up a silver goo texture.

"Harris what is that?" Harry narrows his eyes never seeing a texture like it.

"What we're here for, see that that's unicorn blood that is, I found one dead a few weeks ago now this one's been hurt bad by something....so it's our job to go and find the poor beast, Ron, Ophelia, Hermione you'll come with me, Harry you'll go with Malfoy."

"Okay" Ron says completely frozen in the position he's in not daring to move.

"Okay! Then I get fang!" Draco shouts.

"Okay, just know he's a bloody coward" Hagrid looks at the large does so does Draco regretting his choice.

———————-

"What?" Ophelia turns around to see a scared Ron not daring to follow Hermione and Hagrid.

"Ophelia I have a bad feeling about this" he says slowly placing one foot touching a twig squealing.

"Why would you have a good feeling about this place" Ophelia says at her failed attempt to comfort the redhead. "Look, we're with Hagrid it's fine"

Ron screams again now hiding behind the brunette ducking slightly.

"very gryffindor of you" Ophelia mumbles so the boy doesn't hear her "Ron nothings there"

"Yes! It's a spider" he shuts his eyes hoping to not see an 8 legged insect.

"Ron that's a tree branch" Ophelia rolls her eyes playfully at the boy, "Come one we're gonna loose Hermione and Hagrid then you can freak out" she pauses for a second "but only if that happens!"

The two catch up to Hermione and Hagrid with Ron behind Ophelia the entire time, "where were you two?" Hagrid questions.

"Uh Ron tripped over a tree branch" Ophelia says abruptly.

"Uh no I did n-" Ron says before Ophelia tells him to be quiet by giving him a half deathstare.

"Oh are you alright then Ron?" Hagrid asks

"Uh yea I'm okay"

"Let's get going again" Hagrid says as they walk into an open area to see Harry.

"Harry!" Hermione shouts to her friend.

"Hello there Firenze, see you've met our young mr Potter, you alright there Harry?"

Harry nods at Hagrid before the creature runs away saying his farewells to the boy.

——————
"He'll come back" Harry says walking towards the sofas sitting down.

"You don't think he'll try to, kill you do you?" Ron tilts his head to the side slightly with a worried expression on his face

"I think if he'd had the chance he'd try to kill me tonight.." 

"And to think I've been worried about my potions final!" Ron says as the quartet talk about you - know - who and the dark forest.

"Hang on a minute, we are forgetting one thing...who's the one wizards Voldemort always feared? Dumbledoor! As long as Dumbledoor is around Harry your safe, as long as Dumbledoor is around you can't be touched" Ophelia says reassuring Harry giving him a weak smile.