chapter 8

"Have you spoken to Hermione yet?" Ophelia asks the two boys

"She should be out of hospital in a few days, once she stops coughing up fur balls." The three stop to look at a flooded floor.

"Yuck!" Ron exclaims loudly for the whole world to hear.

"Looks like Moaning Myrtle's flooded the bathroom again..." the three run to the girls bathroom to find a sobbing Moaning Myrtle.

"Come to throw something else at me have you?" She says through sniffs.

"Why would I throw something at you?" Ophelia wonders

"Don't ask me! Here I am, minding my own business, and someone thinks it's funny to throw at book at me."

"But it can't hurt if someone throws something at you. I mean, it'll just go right through you." Ron thinks out loud.

"Ron!" Ophelia whisper shouts to the redhead.

"Sure! Let's all throw books at Myrtle because she can't feel. Ten points if you get it through her stomach. Fifty points if you get it through her head!" She says punching her hand as a demonstration.

"Who threw it at you?" Ophelia asks

"I don't know. I didn't see them, I was sitting in the u-bend thinking about death, and it fell through the top of my head." She goes back to sobbing as Harry walks over to the soaked book picking it up.

————

"It was Hagrid...Hagrid opened the chamber 50 years ago" Harry says as they all walk through the courtyard.

"No, it can't be Hagrid...just can't be" Ophelia denies quickly

"We don't even know, this Tom Riddle...sounds like a dirty rotten snitch to me" Ron says as Ophelia nods her head.

"The monster had killed somebody, Ron. What would we have done?" Harry stops turning around at the three.

"Look, Hagrid's our friend why don't we just go and ask him about it?" Hermione suggests.

"That'll be a cheery visit! 'Hello Hagrid! Have you been setting anything mad and hairy around the castle lately?'"

Hagrid appears behind the four sort of scaring them "Mad and hairy? You wouldn't be talking about me now would ya?" He laughs slightly

"No!" The four all say in unison which definitely sounded like they were talking about him which they were.

Harry looks around for something too break the awkward silence "What's that you've got there Hagrid?"

Hagrid looks down to his tin, "Oh it's a, flesh-eating slug repellent. For the Mandrakes, now. Accordin to professor Sprout they've still go a bit o' growing up to do. But, once their acne's cleared up, we'll be able o' chop em up and stew em. And then we'll get the people down in the hospital, un-petrified. In the mean time though..you four best be lookin after yourselves, all right?"

"Ello Neville !" Hagrid says walking away as Neville comes sprinting up to the four in an emergency, "Harry! I don't know who did it, but you'd better come look!" He leads the four to the boys dormitories.

"It had to be a Gryffindor, Nobody else knows our password. Unless it wasn't a student."

Harry steps into the messed up dorm as his bed had been somehow flipped upside down as feathers were scattered everywhere.

"Whoever it was, they must have been looking for something."

"And they found it. Tom Riddle's diary is gone."