chapter 7

"We're not learning how to defend ourselves

"We're not learning how to defend ourselves." Hermione walks up and down the room as the three watch the brunette with confused expressions on what she's going to come up with.

"We're not learning how to pass out OWLs, she's taking over the entire school." Hermione frowns.

"Harry." Sirius says from the fireplace,

Ophelia kneels down in-front of the fireplace next to Harry, "Answering your letter, you said that you and Ophelia were worried about Umbridge? What's she doing, training you to kill half-breed."

"Dad she isn't letting us use magic at all," Ophelia sighs angrily.

"I'm not surprised, the latest intelligence is that Fudge doesn't want you trained in combat,"

"Combat?" Rom furrows his brows, "Does he think we're forming some sort of wizard army."

"That's exactly what he thinks, but Dumbledoor is assembling his own forces to take on the Ministry. He's becoming more paranoid by the minute. The others, wouldn't want me telling you this....but things aren't going at all well with the order, Fudge is blocking the truth, at every turn of these disappearances are just how it started before,"

"What can we do?" Harry suggest

"Someone's coming, sorry I can't be of more help but for now at least it looks like your on your own.."

Ophelia widens her eyes at an idea that sprung into her mind, she gets up and walks towards the window, "We've got to be able to defend ourselves." she sighs. "If Umbridge is refusing to teach us how we're going to need someone who will." She turns around to face Harry.

"Me?" He questions,

————

"This is mad. Who would wanna be taught by me, I'm a nutter remember?"

"Look on the bright-side you can't be any worse a than old toad-face?" Ron laughs as does Ophelia.

"Thanks Ron."

Hermione stands up abruptly, in a room full of silence, "Hi. So, you all know why we're here..we need a teacher, a proper teacher. Someone who's had real experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts."

"What she's trying to say, we're looking for someone who's a hell of a a lot better than Umbridge which wouldn't be hard." Ophelia buts in, it was too early for her to be dealing with this.

Hermione nods, "Why?" A random boy fights back.

"Why? Because You-Know-Who's back you tosspot," Ron spits at the oblivious boy.

"So he says,"

"So Dumbledoor says."

"So Dumbledoor says because he says the point is where's the proof?"

"Potter can tell us more about how Diggory got killed..." a boy whispers

"I'm not here to talk about Cedric so if that's why you're here you might as-well clear out now." Harry stand up

"Is it true you can produce the Patronus charm?" Luna softly asks.

"Yes, it saved my life." Ophelia smiles,

"Blimey Harry, I didn't know you could do that."

"A-and he killed a Basilisk with a sword in Dumbledoor's office,"

"It's true."

"Third year he fought about 100 Dementor's at once," Everyone widens their eyes at Harry.

"And last year he really did fight You-Know-Who in the flesh." Hermione quietly says.

"Wait- look it all sounds great when you say it like that..but the truth is most of that was just luck, I didn't know what I was doing half of the time...I nearly almost had help."

"He's just being modest."

"No, Hermione...facing this stuff in real life, is not like school, in school if you make a mistake you can just try again tomorrow. Out there when you're a second away for being murdered or watching a friend die, right before your eyes. You don't know what that's like," Harry sighs and sits down.

"Your right Harry we don't, that's why we need your help because if we're going to have any change of beating....V-Voldemort..."

"Is he really back?"

Harry nods as students line up to sign a piece of paper, with their names to be apart of Dumbledoor's army.

————

"We just need to find a place where Umbridge can't find out,"

"The shrieking shack?" Ginny suggests

"It's too small,"

"The forbidden forest?"

"Not bloody likely."

"Harry, what if Umbridge does find us?" Ginny nervously slows her voice.

Hermione scoffs, "Who cares? I mean- it's sort of exciting isn't it? Breaking the rules."

"Who are you and what have you done with Hermione Granger?"

"Anyway, at least we know one positive thing that came from today.."

"What?"

"Cho couldn't take her eyes off your could she?"

Ophelia taps Ginny on the back as Ginny pretends not to be sad or upset.