Chapter 48

Y/N looked up to the sky only to see the dragon of Baran still battling against the two of his shadows.

"Beru, Igris. Finish that lizard."

He said quietly but his shadows heard him clearly and got more ferocious with their attacks against the flying beast.

The dragon had to be powerful if both combined efforts of Igris and Beru couldn't bring it once in the first five minutes.

His eyes shifted to Baran who was visibly shocked upon the show of his power just recently. Y/N couldn't blame him. He was surprised by his sudden rise in power as well.

He looked at his hand with a thoughtful expression.

Such power wasn't from Vritra. It didn't feel like it. It had to be something more... Something of him.

Perhaps it had something to do with his heritage. From what he knew, Primus weren't just simple humans. There were things that he didn't know about himself and that ignorance bothered him.

The only one who knew the answers to his body was none other than his bastard of a father. And God knew he wouldn't ask that scum directly.

Still, something was certain...

His fist closed as his eyes glowed a bright purple.

He felt powerful. Stronger than before at least two times more.

This made him smirk.

Power was so intoxicating. He could understand why some got themselves lost in it... But he wasn't like that.

Power wouldn't blind him. That was for the weal people.

You could have a strong body but you were still weak if you had a weak mentality. And he was far from being weak.

He couldn't allow himself to be... After all, he had a child incoming and as a father, he had to be strong for his child.

His smirk turned into a soft one when thinking about his child.

Y/N wanted to see his child already. Hold it and care for it.

He was excited about it. He was excited to be a father a much better father than his own. But well... That wasn't so hard since Cain was possibly the worst a father could be.

Y/N shook his head sending those thoughts away.

He shouldn't space out like that in front of an enemy even if he was stronger than him.

The Black Dragon Emperor sighed as he noticed how Baran hadn't recovered from his shock he was still with wide eyes mouth agape and his body kept trembling uncontrollably.

Inwardly, he was satisfied that this bastard that his father sent was terrified due to his power, but he was useless in this state. And he wanted to ask some questions to this servant of his father.

He rose his hand and above it, a black energy needle materialized. Then he aimed at one of Baran's nerves before shooting it.

The needle dug deep into the servant's flesh and it made him let out a scream of pain. The needle might have been small but it caused him great pain.

Anatomy, One of the few classes he paid attention and it was coming in handy.

Such pain brought him back to reality which was what Y/N sought.

"You're back to earth. Good. I have some things to ask you."

He asked calmly as the sound of the airborne fight between his shadows and the dragon made Baran look at the sky.