Chapter 39

Summer had arrived and with it was also a hot sun that could put water to boil in a matter of seconds.

And under that hot sun two figures were moving erratically from side to side and exchanging blows from each side.

Issei and Igris were sparing, with the latter having a clear advantage over the brown-haired teenager.

He was sweating profusely as he barely dodged multiple swings of the Knightess sword.

But his face deformed when a fist connected against his stomach.

Igris had just punched him in the gut in an instant when he lowered his guard.

Issei was pushed a couple of meters back while his back fell to the ground roughly.

Several pants left the Red Dragon Emperor as he looked up to the blue sky and the potent sun got on his eyes making him close them for a brief moment.

Igris dug her blade into the ground waiting for him to stand up.

From not far away Y/N was watching this sparing

"Stand up!"

He exclaimed from afar and Issei did as ordered

"Y-yes... Ugh."

Issei managed to stand back up again wiping sweat away from his forehead.

"Don't you think you're being a little hard on him, Y/N?"

A voice said to him, he looked to the side noticing Rias.

Y/N shrugged.

"You think? I think you're way too soft with him. He needs to get stronger and for it to happen I have to be this way with him. No one can improve if they don't push themselves to their limits."

"But... Putting weights of 500 lbs on his arms and legs on him... Isn't going a little overboard?"

Akeno giggled a little who was sitting on a bench next to Y/N.

"You worry too much about him, President. Although It's cute to see you like worrying about him that much."

Rias blushed at her friend's comment.

"I-it's only natural for a master to worry about their cute servants!"

Y/N chuckled a bit.

"Well, about the weights. I did it, and it was much more worse. What makes you think he can't? Are you implying that I'm better than him?"

"But you're a maniac."

This instead of offending him made the H/C haired laugh.

"You might be right. I'm insane. However..."

Y/N pointed at Issei who retook the battle with Y/N's knight. The two girls looked at where his finger was aimed at.

"We started only a week ago and yet he moves... better. Issei can now dodge hardly, but he can still dodge my Knight's attacks. Plus, he also is counterattacking Igris at some points. Issei has potential and even if it's hard to think so, he has talent. His determination and conviction are admirable."

Issei landed a punch on Igris's chest plate black, which did little to the Knightess, but it still surprised her only to counterattack with a cut of her sword that he avoided.

"Each strike of him is filled with determination. He has a fire on him that burns brightly... and you know for who and why burns too brightly, Rias?"

Rias didn't answer but gave a curious look.