Chapter 41

Years Ago

A single drop of cold water that fell over his dirty face made him wake up from his deep slumber.

Wrinkling his face due to the interruption of his peace he woke up.

The young boy waited for his eyes to grow accustomed to the little illumination of the place where he was sleeping.

His back was against the wall and a fresh cut was on his shoulder, it leaked blood but he didn't take care of it, not minding if it may contract some sort of infection. That was the least of his problems.

The H/C kid lips quivered when he saw the place where he was.

The cold ambiance, the dark and shallow corridors, and the sound of drops of water falling over the stone floor.

Deep inside of him, he hoped that all of this was just a nightmare... a cruel and cold nightmare.

But it wasn't.

This was reality.

He was here. Trapped in this place all on his own.

Well, he had already seen that he wasn't on his own at all. He had company... The bad kind of company.

That giant Snake...

Just by mere luck, he managed to escape from it.

However, just running away from the huge beast took a lot of him. He didn't understand why he was so tired.

Back when he was... on his "home" He actually could last running quite a while, not like he was athletic or anything, but he had natural stamina.

In this place that didn't apply. This place was different from where he came from.

The kid didn't understand if he was on Earth or in some sort of alternate dimension because it felt like so.

The air he breathed wasn't the same. And the weight he carried when he gave a single step was way much superior.

It was almost as if gravity was different from there.

Calming himself and wiping the single tear from his eye, he stood up from the ground which as expected he found quite difficult.

He scanned his surroundings only to feel even more lost.

He had to get out of here... But seeing the multiple dark hallways that surrounded him made him even more anxious and lost. He didn't know where to go.

Gulping, he decided to go to the dark hallway of the center.

The fastest he started the faster he could get out of this place that his mother put him in against his own will.

As he adventured into the dark hallway he was constantly scared out by the sudden noises and the fact that he couldn't see anything made him even more afraid of what might be lurking in the darkness. Plus the fact that he was afraid of darkness.

Trying to go as fast as possible he saw a faint light at the end of the tunnel and smiled a bit in relief and hurried towards the light.

After a minute, he finally managed to get out of the dark tunnel and light hit him up making him feel slightly relieved.

He crossed himself with some sort of a square room and stepped deeper into the room scanning the place in search of something new. But he found nothing.

The young kid was a little disappointed that he had run through that dark tunnel for nothing... But at least he got one sector out of the way. Now the next one...