Chapter 7

Ragged breaths could be heard on the room

The drops of sweat crawled down the young man chin as his expression was wrinkled in effort.

Y/N was doing some push-ups, mainly because he noticed when it came to close quarters battle he was a little rusty. He could feel his muscles rather stiff at every move he did. This made him think that He had been neglecting physical training since he started to reach a level of power so high that he was growing arrogant.

That arrogance could make him weak.

He couldn't have that. He needed to be at his peak of strength at every occasion, you never knew when danger might lurk.

Although it made his think negatively about it, where was the reason of training your body when you could basically paralyze everyone who is weak than you. Because that was one of his abilities as a Dragon Emperor

He called it... Bloodlust.

The concept was simple, those who were below his power for at least three times he could leave them into a state of submission. That meant he couldn't use use on someone who was more or less close to his strength and of course that also meant he couldn't use it on stronger opponent

But at this rate it was hard to find an stronger opponent than him. Of course he never denied the possibility. Also he was eager to find someone who could make him go beyond his limits.

The Satan Lords were obvious candidates. But he highly doubted he could ever fight them.

Anyhow, he needed to strengthen his body since he still had human flesh and human flesh for nature was weak. His body needed to be at its peak if not he couldn't use his Dragon power at its full extent. That didn't happened with devils whatsoever.

Devil could access the power of their Sacred Gear with a relatively... average body.

Y/N was done with his workout for the day, now he was hydrating himself after such intense exercise

He really drank a lot of water

"Coming to think about. Vritra, why didn't you spoke to your brother when we met him? I am pretty sure all of it would have been way easier if you had decided to talk."

I wanted to see how you managed to convince himself by yourself. Turns out you did better than I expected. For you to be able to convince him to lend the boy more of his power is rather surprising.

Y/N grabbed a towel to wipe his sweat off his face

"Is that difficult to convince that Dragon?"

Stop to think about it, we, Heavenly Dragons never accepted to ally with any of the three factions and people still tried to convince us otherwise. Plus, Ddraig was always the stubborn one out of us three. So you being able to convince him is a feat.

"Well, it's an honor to be part of the minority."

This time he said that out loud instead on his head

"Who you are talking to?"

Raynare questioned with a raised eyebrow but inwardly she thought that he was deranged

Y/N turned to see the two of his pawn there looking at him in confusion

"Uh. Since when you were here?"

"Enough to see you talking to yourself. Are you okay... you know on the head. I wouldn't be surprised, an asshole like you fits well to be crazy."

"Raynare. There is no need to refers to our King that way."

Kalawarner attempted to calm "her friend" However she scoffed