Chapter 38

Cha let out a heavy sigh that contained nervousness.

She was uneasy.

She was about to give the details of her failed task. To other else than... Cain himself.

The man unnerved her, not because he was weird or insane, no. It was because of the power he had over her... No. The power he had over everyone involved in Khaos Brigade.

Cain was sane... and somehow charismatic, but that didn't take out the fact that the human was Evil. He was wicked, but he knew how to hide it well below that charisma.

How she wanted him dead... but no one had the power to get it done... until the moment.

Not even the Satan Lords were at his caliber, not even The Seraphs of Heaven.

The only choice she had left was... to wait. Or.. accept what Y/N offered her.

Take the risk to be free...

She still had that on her mind and it didn't seem like it was leaving anywhere soon.

But... she was scared. She didn't dare to go against Cain.

Cha stopped in front of a wooden door. She took a deep breath and knocked only to receive a muffled answer through the door.

"Come in."

A calm yet amused voice gave her permission to step in and she opened the door walking inside the classic-looking office.

The floor was made of rich brown wood and the walls were painted a darker brown. On each side of the office, there were bookshelves filled with books, and a couch was placed in the middle of the office.

At the end of the office, there was a man who had his legs over his desk as he read a book. A man who appeared to be in his mid-twenties, but he was way older than that. He had long black hair tied in a ponytail that reached his waist. And a pair of brown eyes that were filled with curiosity upon the book he was reading.

His eyes moved from the book to the female in the room and he smiled.

"Cha-Hae, good to see you in one piece. Tell me, how was your road trip?"

Cha frowned inwardly.

Cain knew that the task he sent her to do was at the border of being suicidal.

Challenging face to face the Black Dragon Emperor was dumb. Irrational, Stupid. Yet he sent her to do exactly that irrational thing... just because he wanted to "recruit" him.

But she knew that was a lie. Cain was knowledgeable about the fact that Y/N would refuse utterly... he just wanted to have fun.

"Rough."

Cha replied with a monotone voice making the man chuckle.

"Oh? That's why you're walking all wobbly?"

She narrowed her eyes.

"Cain. I've come to give your debrief about what happened with my battle against the Black Dragon Emperor of this era."

The woman wanted to get out of here as fastest as possible.

"Sure. Tell me. I bet it must be quite a story."

He said while he smirked causing the young woman to feel as if the man was mocking her, but she proceeded to give the details anyways.

"Lamentably, I lost the direct confrontation neither did I manage to convince him to join us... not even with my telepathy."

Cain hummed, the smirk still over his face.

"Now that's a shame, about him not joining our cause. Obviously, I knew that you would lose. I mean, he is my successor, if you managed to defeat I would have him killed, it would bring such a deception to me if he lost to an angel."