Chapter 44

A/N: Sorry for the wait. I am sick. Enjoy.

Years Ago.

A single slash of a cold blade made the hound shriek as its body was torn blood flowing out of it like a river... and finally dying.

When the monster's corpse fell to the ground the male who was responsible for killing it collapsed on his back as he panted heavily.

He opened his E/C eyes his breath still erratic. It didn't seem as if it would calm down anytime soon.

Still, on the ground, he turned his head first to right then to left and admired the corpses of the monster hounds that threatened to rip him apart. He couldn't help but feel a little relieved.

They were dead and he was still standing... Well, not literally but you get it.

He rose the blade he recently acquired that he used to kill all those monsters and gazed at it like a divine tool because at this moment this dagger was his only friend.

Alone. He was all alone. There was no denying that.

The boy kept his gaze stuck up to the stone ceiling for a long minute before he finally calmed his breath.

He couldn't stay here, lying on the ground doing nothing. He had to find a way to get out of this place and sitting still would do nothing.

After that thought, he got back to his feet quite hardly since he was still exhausted from fighting those monsters.

Once again he eyed down at the weapon that was stained with the blood of the monster and gripped his hold over the handle.

A sound called his attention.

Like last time after he finished with all the monsters of this room, a stone pillar rose from the ground above it a leather book.

Frowning, he approached the pillar and scanned the book that was covered in black leather its pages visibly deteriorated due to their antiquity.

He grabbed it and looked at it briefly before he placed it in what was left of his pockets. His clothes were tattered and barely covered anything.

"Looks like every time I clear a floor I get some sort of reward... Hopefully, I could get some clothes."

He hoped to at least get something to cover himself up mainly because it was really cold in this place.

At least he had a book to read, something to entertain himself besides pondering about his unfortunate situation. Plus he really liked reading, one of his main hobbies back in his home.

The boy decided to leave this room in hope of finding a place so that he could maybe rest a bit. The battle against these monsters took a lot of him to not mention all the wounds he had on his body.

Bruises, bite marks, and blood, a lot of blood.

So he needed some time to recover.

Before he walked out of this room he eyed the mess of the corpses he made one last time.