Chapter 22

Y/N was breathing erratically as he did push-ups. He kept the same fast pace during an entire hour without even getting a single second of rest. Rest wasn't necessary on time like these.

The presence of someone stronger than him was not only a threat for him but all humanity itself. If he wasn't the strongest human then humanity wasn't safe. Less from Cain who he barely even knew his motivations to even exist. That man could be anything and had the power to do anything. A danger.

He couldn't stay behind, he couldn't allow himself to do so.

Through all times, the three factions had taken advantage of the weak humanity to the point of even consider them mere lambs of sacrifice. Even Angels of this time, who were supposed to protect God's fondest creation only see Humans as lowly creatures. With some exceptions of course.

Ironic, most of the factions actually needs humanity to exist yet they look down on them.

No more. He wouldn't allow to his race the humankind's be used as tools not anymore, not if he had something to say about it.

He believed in it, Humanity was strong... Their potential is immeasurable however they don't apply it well, or they don't even acknowledge the fact that they could be better.

Humanity needed to understand... To get rid of the ignorance and see the world how it is. Most of them don't even think that things as Angels, Fallen Angles and Devils are even real. They live in ignorance.

That needed to change.. He wanted it to change. But... it was just how life played, you can do nothing if you only have words to say, no one will take your seriously if you only spell promises without actually having the power to fulfill them.

Words weren't nothing without influence and Power.

That was the reason he needed to be stronger, if he wanted a change for Mankind to occur then he needed to be stronger... The Strongest.

And now that Cain was in the board that only made it all even more difficult.

His furious ocean made of thoughts were interrupted when he heard someone gasping nearby him.

He ceased on his exercise and looked to the side his hands still against the floor maintaining his push-up position.

Raynare was standing there looking at him with...  a blush? Weird,  he almost never saw her blushing, a rare sight indeed.

"What in hell are you doing?"

She asked with exasperation.

"Uh... well. I'm just exercising, you know. This body doesn't conserve by itself."

A grin on his features and she huffed.

"I can see that... But why are you... Shirtless?!"

At this Y/N made confused face. The nerve, this was his house.

"It's my house, I do whatever I please. If I want to just walk around my house naked I might as well do it. I'm sure you would enjoy the look.."

"No way in Hell! You scumbag."

Y/N chuckled before resuming on his exercise.

"I thought you weren't an exhibitionist."

He laughed at that remark.

"I'm not. I thought I was alone. That's what you get for not knocking or ringing the doorbell and just flying here like a freeloader."

Then he heard the noise of wings flapping against the wind. He memorized the sound of each one of his two pawns wings when they cut through the wind, they were different.