Chapter 51

Years Ago.

The blood dripped down from the edges of his twin blades.

The sweat from his chin cascaded straight to the grounds that were covered by corpses of all kinds of creatures.

From huge canines, orcs, bugs, or any kind of monsters that were slayed by his blades and efforts.

The boy who seemed to be much older was covered in a thick layer of sweat among the blood of his kills that were of multiple colors: Red, Blue, Purple, and darker shades.

Pure carnage surrounded the boy and he breathed some mist coming out of his mist due to the lower temperature of the area.

He felt like collapsing.

How much had it been since he was stuck in this shit hole?

He lost track of count but it was more than a year already.

A year of continuous non-stop fighting. A year of living like an animal. A year where he had lost most of his humanity.

He no longer felt like it at the start.

There weren't any human emotions like sadness anymore. Just rage and resolve. Just one small objective was on his mind.

Getting out alive from this hell.

He wanted to see the sun once again.

Feel its warmth against his skin.

And kill that woman who put him through this. His mother was going to die by his hand when he got out of there. He would make sure of it.

The boy ignored the pain that his body was going through and gave a step forward. His body screamed for him to rest. But he wouldn't listen.

"I won't rest."

He muttered to himself.

This year he frequently thinks out loud. What was the point of thinking in his head only if no one heard him?

The only ones who heard him were the beasts and monsters but they all died by his hand... So it didn't matter.

His hair had grown to the point that it reached his back, but he didn't bother about cutting it. Why would he? Why would he worry about style? Why would he worry about anything at all besides getting out?

Nothing else mattered.

The boy's dull eyes noticed a sizable wound on his chest but he ignored it.

It would heal in due time.

His body was different from that of a normal human. He would heal in a matter of hours. He didn't understand why but it was just that way and he didn't complain.

He heard a whimper coming from his side.

Then he saw amidst the carnage a beastly hound twisting and trying to get up but its legs were so wounded that it couldn't even move.

"Ah, there is the food."

He needed fuel for his upcoming battle. There was always a battle waiting for him in the next room. It was normal for him.

Approaching the hound he wasn't bothered by the whimpers of the beast and simply sliced its throat ending its life. And just right there he cut one of its legs and started chewing it raw.

It didn't matter.

Food was food and he wouldn't carry the beast on his shoulders. He didn't have the energy or interest. Eating it raw had the same benefits as eating it cooked.