Chapter 21

It was a peaceful sight.

The sky was adorned with the orange and yellow tones of the sunset.

A green covered the ground below it. Vegetation all over the place. The wind making the leaves of the trees dance at the rhythm of the breeze.

In the middle of all that beauty there were two figures, one a male and the other a female.

The female had long white hair and pair of scarlet eyes which were fixed on the sky above her. Her looks was impassive yet it had a hint of seriousness. A small breath left her lips as she turned to see in front of her the man...

He had long black hair and had two crossed blades attached behind his waist.

While he had a quit similar impassive look his showed a visible amount of uneasiness. He was young... Younger than her at least.

She beckoned to the black haired man to come closer something he obliged and bowed respectfully at her presence.

"Master."

He greeted with a respectful tone of voice.

"Kid... It's time. He is coming..."

The man frowned at those words

"Why now of all times your father comes for you?"

"Because he's dying. And he is no fool. He knows is better to take me out if picture before he dies. Because if I live after his demise than I'll be the new God. And he won't allow that."

"He... is dying. It's hard to believe it."

The woman scoffed.

"Start believing it, kid. Everything dies sooner or later. As well as me, as well as you. Even this ground that we walk on will die. What makes you think that God won't perish?"

He took some time to analyze the woman who was his master and saw the almost imperceptible but present concerns on her eyes.

"It's strange, master. To see you so... frail and hopeless."

She didn't seemed offended by the sentence. Her eyes went up to the sky back again.

"I'm not a fool, kid. I may prideful but that doesn't mean that I'm a fool. He is who He is and I'll die. But for me, death isn't an end, is a new beginning."

Some golden lightnings started to lit up the sky and she knew that they didn't had much time.

"It's time for me to pass the torch until I rise up again. Be my replacement until the day that I lie my feet back again on this land of humans."

"Why you refer to it as if it was a temporal matter? You will die. The End."

"I already told you, it's not an end is my beginning. I will come back soon. More importantly... I hope you're ready.. if not all the time I spend to build who you currently are was mere a waste of my time. I would hate for that to be a fact."

The man understood what she meant and got on his knees while looking up at her.

She raised her hand and a black energy started to swell up before it formed a black sword with bright red details on it. A dark energy surrounded her body as her red eyes glowed brighter.

"Why are you giving me this?"

He couldn't help but to ask to the woman.