Chapter 31

A sigh escaped Issei's lips as he heard the teacher giving his usual boring lecture.

While he was good on math he hated English class. That was more of a Y/N trait. The guy was really good at English.

Speaking of which.

He looked to the side, towards the chair next to him only to see it empty. It didn't surprised him, it has been this way for an entire week by now.

Y/N didn't assisted school this whole week. Issei wondered what was the reason of his absence.

Once he went to Y/N's house to look for him but from outside he saw all the lights turned off and no trace of a soul living inside it.

And while he wasn't sure if Y/N was in his house or not, he didn't dared to force himself inside his house. The guy would kill him if he dared to put a single step on his home without having permission.

Akeno usually asked about him and he always gave her the same unsure answer.

'I don't know'

The girl was genuinely concerned and sad for the H/C haired guy unexplained absence.

He highly doubted that it was because of him being sick or anything. On all his years of friendship he had never heard of Y/N going ill or anything of the sort.

Besides, Y/N was a busy person.

Plus... he personally wanted to ask Y/N about something. Or better said, he wanted for him to help him on something.

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard everyone on his class starting to move from their seats along with the bell loud ring.

Issei saw Xenovia in between of the crowd and thought that maybe she knew something about Y/N whereabouts or state.

He stood up from his seat and approached the blue haired girl.

"Hey... Xenovia."

At his words the named one stopped and turned to look at him with her usual stoic face.

"Yes? Is something the matter?"

She spoke lacking of emotion but she had curious eyes.

"Uh.. well. You see, have you heard of Y/N lately? Is he okay?"

"I can assure you that he is okay, but, sadly, I don't know where he is currently. The last thing he said to me was that I had this week off, the same went for my other companions."

Issei nodded.

"So you don't know anything else?"

Xenovia shook her head

"I fear not. If you excuse, I should be heading out by now. It's been a pleasure to talk with you."

Although her words could seem as harsh she said it in a very polite tone. Issei nodded and waved her goodbye.

"Ah, sure. Bye. Thank you."

Xenovia walked out after nodding politely.

After she departed away, Issei grabbed his phone and texted him hoping that he would reply.

He wouldn't call him directly, because he knew that it was more possible that he answered a text than a phone call.

'Where are you, bastard? A girl here is worried about you'

He typed that and sent it before he let out a heavy breath.

Where would that guy be at?

Then he remembered something. Today was one of the usual days that Y/N went to eat at his house his mom's cooking. She would ask for him... a Lot.