Chapter 34

"Can we just talk..? We didn't come here to engage you but instead approach you, Y/N."

The blond spoke in a reassuring tone that managed to get into Y/N's feelings

He didn't understand why, but her words inflicted some sort of calmness on him.

Just the sight of her yellow eyes on him created a wave of relief that brushed him from the inside and out.

As a result of her words, the grasp he had over the man's head started to loosen up slightly.

Y/N bright shine on his eyes didn't fade though, he looked deep onto her as he frowned a little.

"What do you want from me? Why Khaos Brigade desires my strength..? Who ordered you to do so?"

He asked with a tone of defiance which surprised the blonde. Any sort of resistance or Defiance wasn't supposed to happen. It wasn't usual for it to happen at all.

She gave a step forward, her pace was steady and calm while her eyes softened as they glowed brighter.

"Khaos Brigade desires your strength to build a better world, our true desire lies hidden from the public. Everyone thinks of us as terrorists and we're in some way due to the way we use to deal with issues. But trust me, we only seek the best for this world... The mortal realm."

Y/N felt as if something was getting inside his head, however it wasn't hostile in the least... It was... reassuring.

"I don't believe it. I have seen how is your organization up close. You cannot fool me... You only seek to cause Ruin. Unjustified ruin. I refuse to lend my strength for such an act."

Even though he was rejecting her offer, she still considered this a win. He was calming down and spoke way softer than earlier.

"Cain needs you, Y/N."

"Needs me? And how do you know my name?"

Each second she got closer to him, but he didn't seem to notice her slowly increasing closeness.

"You're Y/N L/N, actual wielder of the Shadow Dragon, Vritra. You started to manifest the power of such at a young age, but couldn't use them willingly until the age of 12. What forced you to use them was Survival in..."

The young woman frowned at what she saw.

"Purgatory..? You were trapped in Purgatory for... four years..."

Y/N frowned at this.

"How do you know that?"

Then once again he felt that warm sensation on his head, just as if something or someone was singing him a lullaby on his mind.

He clutched his head with his free hand, the other was still on the man's head.

"What are you doing? Stop."

"You don't have to keep fighting. Not anymore, you deserve to rest. You deserve peace... Let all that pent-up burden on you be... liberated. Feel relief, Y/N."

Her voice echoed in his head

"Enough. Get out of my head."

He twitched when he felt a soft and warm touch on his hand.

Y/N saw how the woman's hand reassuringly was on his, her warm smile made him feel safe... He couldn't put into words how he was feeling.

"It's okay, Y/N. You deserve to be cared for... You deserve this, Peace... Feel it, embrace it, intoxicate yourself with it."

A second later his eyes started to lose the furious purple glow, slowly it shifted to his natural E/C eyes as he felt a wave of calmness wash over him.