Chapter 55

Through the passing of his life, he had felt multiple emotions.

Happiness. Anger. Shame. Pity. Sadness. Bitterness. All kinds of emotions, some more than others. But now... He felt a mix of the negative ones.

As if all negative emotions desired to team up and bombard him in a hurricane of shame.

He was pathetic.

All that effort for nothing. He gave his all even sacrificing his sanity and life just so he could accomplish one goal... Killing Cain and making the world a better place.

But he didn't.

He failed.

Cain was still alive and he...

He was caged in a prison that he didn't know the way out...

In Purgatory. Again.

All alone.

Just like the other time, but this time there wasn't anyone to save him. He was in the deep... and he would drown in it.

Like the pitiful person that he was...

Y/N's head went down as some tears stained the cursed ground that he was knelt on.

"I am sorry. I've failed."

He had failed Valiana. Sirzechs, Issei, Akeno, Grayfia. Everyone he held dear.

Perhaps this was his punishment for having the blood of the scorned in him?

Failing everyone you held dear to your heart and leave them alone. He couldn't protect them while he was here... He was Powerless.

Lucifer defeated him in the mental battle. And his father, Cain technically won that fight because he received the worst end of the battle. The most important battle in his life and he was defeated.

His eyes caught a glimpse of his dark blades lying next to him. Pride and Greed.

His hands moved slowly towards them and admired them in his grasp with a devoid look on his face.

He then turned the sharp ends in his direction. More precisely aiming at his throat.

Disgrace.

He might as well be dead. In the end, it didn't matter. All he fought for was doomed, because he wasn't there to protect it.

His unborn child would die because he wasn't strong enough... If his baby couldn't live then he wasn't worthy of being. If a man couldn't protect his child what worth did he have?

Yes. This was for the best.

At a tortuous pace, the blades approached the flesh that covered his throat as he closed his eyes having a feeling of realization.

He didn't know why... But the thought of finally ending it all, Soothed him in a way.

Y/N.

A deep voice echoed through the back of his head forcing him to stop.

Vritra.

"Vritra."

He spoke out loud no one would hear him anyway.

Will you give up? Already?

This made him grit his teeth in anger and wanted to go to his mental space to face him directly, but for some reason, he couldn't. Something seemed to block him from traveling there.

"Already? I think I kept going for quite some time already. I have endured countless battles, death, and disappointment... I deserve to rest. I'm tired. Not like you could understand either way, you're simply a monster."