Chapter 26

As the Seraph introduced himself the surprise was clear on the two Dragon users. But unlike Issei who maintained his surprises expression Y/N frowned.

An angel. The leader of them nonetheless was greeting them... That couldn't mean anything good.

Danger was possible.

Call him paranoid but he amplified his senses and tried to feel if there was anything besides the Seraphim on the area.

Much to his surprise he didn't felt anything. Neither he felt any sort of danger sense coming out Michael.

Upon not feeling any danger on the current situation Y/N relaxed a bit, however he didn't lowered his guard.

Although almost imperceptible, Y/N saw the slight change of Michael's eyes when they lied on him.... He could see how his eyes numbed a little when the angel looked at him.

"Indeed. Ddraig's and Vritra's aura are unmistakable. How very nostalgic.."

Y/N felt some bright aura coming from the middle of the room and directed his eyes to that specific place only to see a sword hovering over the ground that irradiated such a bright and holy aura.

A holy sword

A holy sword...

He didn't felt anything upon the blade's presence due to the fact that he was human but Issei got a little worked out after feeling its holy aura.

"A holy sword?"

"Indeed, Red Dragon Emperor. This is Ascalon, The Dragon Slayer Holy Sword employed by none other than ST. George. A special ritual has rendered safe to use even by you, a Devil with the power of a Dragon. But rather than you wielding it outright, we hope it will be absorbed by your Boosted Gear."

At hearing this Issei scratched his head on doubt. At first It sounded impossible to just fuse a holy sword with his sacred gear.

"Is that even possible?"

"Your sacred Gear responds to your desires. Should you will it, it can be done."

The Welsh Dragon reassured his host Issei remained insecure.

Until he felt Y/N's hand on his shoulder.

"It'll work out just fine, if something goes wrong I'll give you a hand. But I'm sure Ddraig can stabilize all the energy by himself. This is a valuable lesson, Issei. The strongest the trust you have with your Dragon, The strongest the bond therefore more power."

Issei gave him a thankful look.

However, Y/N was curious the reason behind giving such thing to someone like Issei. Not like Issei was unworthy or anything but giving such artifact to a random Devil and someone with Issei's caliber which is relatively low was a surprise... and even a little suspicious.