Chapter 29

A/N. Possibly the longest chapter I will do for this story. Hope you enjoy it.

It was clear what he had to do.

He knew it, He accepted it.

But he didn't know if he was capable of doing it.

No. In fact this was the only time he didn't felt himself capable of doing something he proposed himself. He might fail at doing this task.

Failure wasn't an option but he still thought that failure was better than achieving it.

Could he?

Could he kill the woman he loved..?

Doing it would be spitting on his ideal but letting her live also went against his ideals.

On one side he couldn't see himself killing people dear to him. But on the other he didn't saw himself sparing the life of a single soul and leaving other millions to suffer by the doings of the spared one.

Now he needed to make the choice.

A woman or Peace.

An decision Easy to make. Right?

...

Igris and Beru stared at their foe who was looking at them with a grin.

Those blue eyes of her were so similar to the ones they saw on their King. Thirsty for battle, for dominance over them.

The first one to strike was actually Beru who couldn't contain her instincts anymore.

All within the ant monster told her to just cut this woman in pieces...

As Beru got in proximity and her claws ready to strike Valiana, she smiled at the monster speed.

"You're fast..."

Beru widened her eyes when a tight pull was on her wrist.

"However, I'm beyond."

With easiness Valiana rose Beru above her head and threw its body to the ground in a rapid motion that made the ant monster squirm and screech in pain. So similar to her King.

Valiana moved her eyes to the side when the Knight got closer to her, the Longsword Excalibur on her hand.

"Oh, so you're the one who kept the toy. Ain't your King a sweetheart?"

Igris cursed, how could she see her coming, she was pretty sure she used all of her velocity.

However, much to the Knightess surprise Valiana didn't made an action similar to retaliation.... She just stood there taking the swing of the sword.

The blade didn't do much to Valiana's skin as it made contact with her skin. Although a line of blood came out from the place the blade impacted.

"Hm, I forgot that holy swords can actually injure me... Although I expected more."

Valiana grabbed the blade by the sharpness of it and rose it. Next thing she did was to make a direct impact with her fist onto the Knightess stomach.

As Igris went away Valiana rose her forearm to defend herself against a violent strike of Beru.

The strike was enough to push her back a few meters. This made her smirk.

She immediately went for a kick on the monster stomach but she was surprised when the hit barely moved Beru.

"Hm..?"

Beru's eyes glowed of a brighter purple as she screeched loudly on Valiana's face.

Her fist dug in Valiana's chest and the strength was more than enough to sent her up in the air.