Chapter 46

He was tired.

He was exhausted.

He wanted to just collapse on the ground and rest.

Just rest.

But he couldn't.

Y/N was on a single knee breathing erratically as the sharp end of his two blades dripped with the blood of his prey.

Around him, there were piles and piles of corpses from all kinds of monsters. Some big others small, but their numbers reached to overwhelm him for a bit.

But in the end, it ended the same, he rose triumphantly.

Even after all his power and dexterity, he was still a human, yes an exceptional one but he was still that. Fighting without stopping for three days straight got to him and anyone would be dying to rest a bit... But he couldn't.

He had to grow stronger. And the only way for that to happen was to push his body beyond its limits. He had to break those pesky human limitations even more than he already had.

To achieve his commitment he was in the devil realm. Instead of going to several dungeons and wiping them out, he went to a certain area in the devil realm that was highly forbidden for the devils mainly due to the high amount of high-ranking monsters in the area plus that its air was dangerous for devils.

For example, this whole country in the devil realm was like Chornobyl to the devils. They couldn't step in or this thing in the air similar to radiation might kill them but to a much more dangerous extent.

Lucky for him, what was radioactive to devils wasn't for humans and actual radiation wasn't harmful to devils... Kinda weird.

And this entire country was filled with tons of monsters.

Monsters that he was taking care of as a method of training.

But this wouldn't be training if he just wiped them all out like usual. No, that would be just fun.

What he was doing was limiting himself to only use his human power leaving the Dragon one to the side.

If he grew stronger in his standard form then that would lead to him growing, even more, stronger while using the powers of the Black Dragon Emperor.

That and because he didn't feel like connecting to Vritra.

They haven't shared a single word with each other these days. Both were... mad at each other and refused to talk things out.

Yes, Y/N acknowledged the fact that it was immature... But he didn't feel like talking to the dragon for the moment. Also, it wasn't his fault that all of this had happened in the first place it was his.

Vritra never told him such an important thing to him and that ended up causing trouble for the young male.

Y/N's anger was justified.

He betrayed his trust and that was final.

If he had to defeat Cain on his own... then He would. He had to, for his child.

From what he had taken notice Vritra didn't seem to care much about his well-being judging from the fact that he didn't tell him that Cain was his father and if the dragon didn't care for him... then he also didn't care for his unborn child.

Vritra didn't care about anything, so why would he care for such a beast?

Y/N panted as multiple sweat drops fell to the ground then he rose his gaze and let out a heavy breath as he stood back up.